Author Topic: Subgroup Stuck On on Logic Card **SOLVED **  (Read 1201 times)

perfectsnd

Subgroup Stuck On on Logic Card **SOLVED **
« on: March 19, 2017, 04:50:21 AM »
I am having problem with a logic card.  It thinks the subgroup switch is pressed in and therefore won't let the line or mic input pass through. I have tracked the problem down to the logic card. If I put a fully known working logic card in the channel everything works fine. I get 12.7 V on pin 14 of the logic card (Sub-Group Input Switch). When I depress the switch, I get the 17.6V and everything works fine so I know the switch isn't the problem.

On the logic card that isn't working properly, on Pin 14 I am getting 17.6 V no matter what state the Subgroup switch is in.  Since this is coming direct to pin 14, I cannot figure out where the problem would be. I should be getting the voltage at the pin no what card is in.  What component do I need to look at to track this problem down. 

Very, very strange.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 01:17:57 AM by Matt Sartori »

ULH

• Copenhagen Denmark
    • Frostbox Recording Studio
Re: Subgroup Stuck On on Logic Card
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 09:10:13 AM »
Hi

Assuming a 82e293 g series logic board: Make sure the pull down resistor R26 15k ohm is good and has connection to the 11v(12.5v) rail with channel on extender. If this is all good then change ic18 with a known good.

Assuming 82e12 E series: The same procedure but here its ref is ic11.

Then report back here :-)
Next time please state the pcb number :-)

Cheers,
Uffe - Frostbox Labs

perfectsnd

Re: Subgroup Stuck On on Logic Card **Solved***
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 11:20:03 PM »
It was a 82E293 card.  I tracked it down to both a bad IC18 and IC8 chip. Replaced them and the card is good to go.