Author Topic: 611S stereo channel EQ issue >>SOLVED<<  (Read 1444 times)

oyanliz

611S stereo channel EQ issue >>SOLVED<<
« on: June 16, 2017, 08:03:17 AM »
Hi all,

I have a very rare problem in one of my stereo channel. In one of them, the mid parametric eq does not work well. When I move the knob of the EQ gain or frecuency of MF, only right side it gets afected, does not do nothing on the left channel. HF and LF EQ works fine. I tryed swapping the EQ card of tho of my 611S channels, but the problem is still there, so it is not a card issue. Could be the MF knobs? Any Idea of were can I start checking?

Thanks in advance to all!

Regards.

Oihan
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 09:29:15 AM by oyanliz »

oyanliz

Re: 611S stereo channel EQ issue
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 08:15:30 AM »
Hi all,

I tried moving the molex connectors of the EQ card when sending 1Kh signal through the channel. These connectors come from the EQ potentiometres and a technitian told me (Sad because he is from Canada and I am in Spain) to move and check if any of these molex connector was not making a good contact or had any other problem (it is not the EQ card, because when swapping the cards still there is the problem)

But not luck. Every EQ card cable or molex connector wich touching or moving... does not make any difference.

I do not know if could be a doble resistor potentiometer. Is it possible that one of the resistor of the potentiometer have been wroken?

Does anyine have any potentiometer of this kind? In case that I get one for trying to replace, how can  put the plastic tape around the potentiometer after soldering the connectors? Is there any way to do it?

Thanks in advance to all.

Best regards.

Oihan

oyanliz

Re: 611S stereo channel EQ issue
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 09:28:52 AM »
Hi all,

Finally after I get stuck, I decided to apply solder to the pins of the molex M1 and M4 of the eq card. The problem is solved. It seems that when moving the molex cables and or swaping eq cards, did not make any difference, because of internal pins of the female molex connector could not make a good connection.

So, applyng solder and changing the thickness of the molex male conectors, makes better contact, solving the problem.

Regards to all.

Oihan