Author Topic: AWS 900 - Old version Fader clean?  (Read 3739 times)

dudebro

AWS 900 - Old version Fader clean?
« on: August 04, 2017, 04:59:02 PM »
Hey,

I have the first version of the AWS 900 with the old faders. They have progressively gotten "stickier". What is the best way to get them working smoothly again without ordering the new set? I'm fine only moving a few at a time, but a lot of them simply won't move at all and stay stuck in position. I can use the link trick to get it to move, but that is a bit of a hassle. Any solutions? Thanks.

Matt Sartori

• Administrator
    • London
    • Solid State Logic Fanatics Database
Re: AWS 900 - Old version Fader clean?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 11:13:23 PM »
Hey,

I have the first version of the AWS 900 with the old faders. They have progressively gotten "stickier". What is the best way to get them working smoothly again without ordering the new set? I'm fine only moving a few at a time, but a lot of them simply won't move at all and stay stuck in position. I can use the link trick to get it to move, but that is a bit of a hassle. Any solutions? Thanks.

I have had this issue with both AWS and Duality. unfortunately there is very little you can do apart from replacing them.
I have tried various different types of cleaning techniques and they kind of bring them back to life for a little while but then they go bad again..

Matt Sartori