Author Topic: From 4048 to 4064 and back to 4048  (Read 6882 times)

MarconeMusic

• Halomusic.ca
From 4048 to 4064 and back to 4048
« on: October 15, 2017, 07:16:43 AM »
Hey everyone!

Thanks for all the help lately!
We got her in the back door of the building on the second floor today. What a feat.

Anyway, once we got her in we walked away and left myself with lots of questions. It was a long few days and such.

The main part of the console is a 48 frame, there is an add on section to make it a 64 plus producer rack. I don't think I'm gonna add that back on.
Included was the rails for a 64 channel and the rails for the original 48 build! Score.
Since I have the rails to bring it back down to 48 length I'm in good shape, but the wiring for the rest of the add on is bundled into the bucket beside where the add on goes.

Has anyone ever done this type of reduction?
Is the wiring removable? Easily? Is it wired to the centre section or attached to the end of the original wiring like a jumper from a main mother board type extension?
I didn't look, I'm not going back till Monday now and want to prepare.

Second questions is, is there any special thing I need to know when putting the rails, legs and end bits back together, like.  Specific order of procedure? Some things to watch out for? Etc.

This is gonna be fun.  I have boxes and boxes of parts. Spares. Extras. Literally everything this studio had from day one of their purchase to the last day of it existing there. And everything they bought along the way.  Bulbs, screws, spare power supplies, tons of  spare plasma meters, nicely packaged boxes of  spare plasma glass bits(tubes?) a spare monitor for the centre. A spare E centre section from the upgrade to G, and Another  spare centre section!
Like super score! So stoked.

NB : yes that was the ONLY way to get her in. Trust me.

Clip6

Re: From 4048 to 4064 and back to 4048
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 05:15:28 PM »
Awesome. It takes guts to put a console frame over the fence.  8)

MarconeMusic

• Halomusic.ca
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 01:45:03 AM »
Slowly but surely.

Matt Sartori

• Administrator
    • London
    • Solid State Logic Fanatics Database
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 07:30:00 PM »
Slowly but surely.

looks amazing well done.
In my experience all the "extra cables run back to the patchbay and the BICC go to the VU / PLASMAs meters so it's only a matter of chopping those off.
Having said that I would just leave them there or even better try and locate a couple of buckets and restore it to the extended 64 channels...  ;)

Matt Sartori

MarconeMusic

• Halomusic.ca
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 12:45:21 AM »
All Speakers aren't up completely yet. But we're getting there.