Author Topic: DUALITY 24 automation sync problem  (Read 6608 times)

Matt Sartori

• Administrator
    • London
    • Solid State Logic Fanatics Database
DUALITY 24 automation sync problem
« on: August 09, 2012, 08:27:48 AM »
Hello Everybody,
I hope somebody can help on this.
I am working in the studio with the following system:
Duality 24, Mac 2.8GHz quad intel with 10.6.8 and protools 8

Just recently the system had a terrible crash during a session (never had it before) and after that protools would not see the HUI interface (or it will drop out quite often) and it would generally be very slow.

I'd like to mention that I am not a fan of "random updates", if the system works, leave it alone.

I then decided to reinstall the system and keep the same OS and everything (always worked from the first shot so why change it?)

after that the system went back to it's original behaviour except for two things:
-automation when play back from Protools simply don't sync and I can see the counter being VERY sketchy
-after I have used internet and switched the location back to duality I have to reboot the system otherwise protools would not see the console.

the second issue it's something I can live with but the first one not really...

anybody had something similar to this?

Mattia.

Albert_Gabriel

Re: DUALITY 24 automation sync problem
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 08:48:09 AM »
Are you running HUI via Ethernet or MIDI?
swap it and tryout if the other way round.
Having issues using safari shows that you have a problem with MIDI-over-IP protocols (using Ethernet)
maybe you have to reinstall your ipMIDI setup in your OSX.
i am using AWS 948, it's protocols are the same used in duality. between the first days i had similar problems till i reinstalled all the drivers and checked ethernet ip's...maybe you just have to re-adress your consoles ip so it fits into your network.
if that does not work try using MIDI instead. if MIDI works proper you'll know it is your ipMIDI / Network setup.

...Good Luck, Albert Gabriel

Matt Sartori

• Administrator
    • London
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 08:57:01 AM »
Thank you Albert,
I am going to check this out and report back!

Mattia.

Matt Sartori

• Administrator
    • London
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 04:26:42 PM »
Are you running HUI via Ethernet or MIDI?
swap it and tryout if the other way round.
Having issues using safari shows that you have a problem with MIDI-over-IP protocols (using Ethernet)
maybe you have to reinstall your ipMIDI setup in your OSX.
i am using AWS 948, it's protocols are the same used in duality. between the first days i had similar problems till i reinstalled all the drivers and checked ethernet ip's...maybe you just have to re-adress your consoles ip so it fits into your network.
if that does not work try using MIDI instead. if MIDI works proper you'll know it is your ipMIDI / Network setup.

...Good Luck, Albert Gabriel

Reinstalled the drivers 2 times seems to have solved the issue! Thank you Albert.
happy mixing days now!

Mattia.