Author Topic: ultimation group weirdness  (Read 1292 times)

brewery

• The Brewery
ultimation group weirdness
« on: November 08, 2017, 06:57:57 PM »
i've got a strange thing going on with the analog input from the group faders (they were working perfectly fine until yesterday):

group 1 & 4 seem to be linked somehow. in input value test, both control each other, causing all kinds of weirdness. i can only get one to read 0 if they other one is on 0, same with 1023.

here's what i tried so far (in the middle of a mix session with clients, so no time to really dig in):

- ran full fader test in the L menu - group settings for both faders read fine there
- swapped faders for known good ones
- swapped S39 ribbons
- swapped analog input card

so far no luck. had a good look with light/magnifying glass on the group motherboard from both sides, nothing obvious there.

does anybody have an idea what could cause this? arthur maybe  :D??

brewery

• The Brewery
Re: ultimation group weirdness
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 07:27:55 PM »
fixed (well kinda) - a channel fader was behaving a bit funny when cycling through groups, swapped that one and we're back in business. will be a while until i can see what was really up though..

Clip6

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 03:16:52 PM »
Was thinking maybe you had a software group linked.

brewery

• The Brewery
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 05:56:31 PM »
no there was definitely something wrong with the fader. preset groups where the first thing i checked, plus this fader would mess with those two groups, no matter what the fader itself was doing. i suspect one of the cmos chips behind the thumbwheel, but have to finish this record before i can have a proper look.