Author Topic: Looking for DL snakes / Looms  (Read 1613 times)

nycsudio1

• NYC
Looking for DL snakes / Looms
« on: November 24, 2017, 01:19:55 AM »
Hi there,

I'm looking for DL snakes for SSL 4000 console 20-25ft long.

DB25 Tascam as well as XLR male and female on the other side. I can replace connectors as needed, so long as the DL side is nicely done.

I'm in NYC.

Thanks.

Clip6

Re: Looking for DL snakes / Looms
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 08:08:42 PM »
Always on Ebay. I bought all flavors of 24 mogami snakes then sent them to Chris at Redco to make up. He already has all the DL patterns.

nycsudio1

• NYC
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 10:27:15 PM »
Thanks for the reply.

I may definitely consider this option, however, I'm hoping to find used DL snakes so I can change the connectors on the other end as needed.

jimlfixit

• Global Moderator
    • Maidenhead, Bucks, UK
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 04:09:47 AM »
Hi,
Damn, I wish I could help with your enquiry but I live in the UK so, sending cables to the USA would be too expensive for you.

I sell the 96 way DL connectors (to distributors and studios in the UK and Europe) and have cable plus the 25 way D connectors in stock but, I feel the pricing for those of you in the USA would be prohibitive. I also have all the SSL pinouts as well, after having worked there for seven years (1980-87) but beware that they did change over the years.

I have just completed some DL to 25 way D connectors for someone else on here which were 6 metres long. I could construct some for you or others far away from the UK but, what I may suggest is that they could be 1 metre long (about 3 feet) which would save shipping costs for the cable. Hear me out on this ...

By having a 24 or 32 channel DL wired to 3 or 4  x 25 way D connectors at 1m long, you could then buy 25 - 25 way D looms locally to extend them to your required length. Just a thought and get in contact directly if you feel that this could be an option for you. My website and Facebook details are shown below.

nycsudio1

• NYC
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 03:32:00 PM »
Hi Jim,

Thanks a lot for the reply.

I already managed to get the cables I needed but will keep your contact info in case I need more cables.

Best,

Louis