Author Topic: Time Code Synching  (Read 1830 times)

perfectsnd

Time Code Synching
« on: May 16, 2018, 03:11:47 AM »
All, right now my SSL 4000G has the Desk Doctor card. For mixing, the SSL is the master and I am syncing Pro Tools to the SSL. I just upgraded my PT rig to HDX and my Blue Sync I/O isn't compatible with HDX Pro Tools. I also want to implement a separate Pro Tools print rig for my 2 track mixes that will be running at 24/96K while my main rig runs at 44.1. I am hoping to avoid spending the money on a the Sync HD. I am doing any video posting at this time, just music mixing and recording.

Since my Blue Sync doesn't work with HDX, I have SSL LTC timecode going into the Blue Digi Sync.  The Sync is clocked to my Apogees via wordclock and not Loop Sync so he isn't isn't my HDX chain. The blue sync will resolve the LTC from the SSL to Midi-Time code which I feed to Pro Tools via a Midi interface. All that works fine, but is that accurate sync?  If that is accurate sync, could I do then send that same Midi Timecode to a print computer and theoretically they would all be in sync or am I missing something fundamental?

Thanks. Also, can PT be the master time code into the SSL without having 2Tools or the Whizzer?

Clip6

Re: Time Code Synching
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 03:42:25 PM »
Hey. Yea just use the 2tools or the Konnector. Think there is a cheap 2tools on ebay just look at completed auctions as maybe 2 guys in the world looking for a 2tools.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/253601473644?ViewItem=&item=253601473644

I use 2tools it's cool, you can use all your transport even punch record. It's like having a 3348 hooked up.

Clearmountain has a flow chart for his rig with 2nd print machine.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 04:27:27 PM by Clip6 »

perfectsnd

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 05:44:13 AM »
The 2tools still needs LTC sync from the Pro Tools machine to go to the SSL so that would mean I would need to get the HD Sync and if I wanted PT to be the master then I would need to get 2Tools. 

perfectsnd

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 05:26:00 PM »
Can anyone explain what the Desk Doctor ZX card actually does? I have one installed in my computer and it seems to just generate timecode from the SSL transport.  Is that its main job so you don't have to have a deck with incoming timecode coming to the console?