Author Topic: General Maintenance Question  (Read 2341 times)

tko

General Maintenance Question
« on: June 27, 2018, 09:59:06 AM »
Hi all,

I've noticed on some of my channels when I engage the EQ (flat) the sound is altered. In most cases it just loses some weight and varies from chan. to chan. The hi/lo pass is not engaged and I have double checked everything else. VCA, etc etc etc.

I'm reasonably competent with electronics and have built some 1176's wired a bunch of studios and done basic maintenance on my 4k.

I'm wondering what I should be looking for on the EQ card or console that might contribute to this issue?

Thanks to all in advance - TKO.

MarconeMusic

• Halomusic.ca
Re: General Maintenance Question
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 03:15:21 PM »
What version of card/console/eq are you using?

brewery

• The Brewery
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 03:49:09 PM »
G series, right? early/brown E-eqs have the filters engaged as soon as you hit the eq button (ever so slightly), but that's not the case with yours.

most likely it's due for a recap, loss of bottom end is one of the symptoms of dry caps. unfortunately that probably means the whole console should be done, not just the eq cards.

do you think this only occured recently? the alignment could be off as well, but they usually don't drift much. definitely re-align after  recapping tho.

tko

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 03:55:26 AM »
What version of card/console/eq are you using?

Thanks it's a G with Black E.Q

TKO

tko

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 06:09:08 AM »
G series, right? early/brown E-eqs have the filters engaged as soon as you hit the eq button (ever so slightly), but that's not the case with yours.

most likely it's due for a recap, loss of bottom end is one of the symptoms of dry caps. unfortunately that probably means the whole console should be done, not just the eq cards.

do you think this only occured recently? the alignment could be off as well, but they usually don't drift much. definitely re-align after  recapping tho.

I hasn't been done in at least 8yrs and the desk is on 24/7. I look into it thanks. TKO.