Author Topic: 4k Maintenance plan and advice  (Read 5934 times)

tko

Re: 4k Maintenance plan and advice
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2019, 07:25:48 PM »
Certainly you could not do the monitor section if you weren't going to use it. But you are being penny wise and pound foolish.

The monitor section allows you much greater access to signals within the board than just comparing the 2 buss and its return. Not having those available at the same level of confidence would be a mistake. Also when it comes time to replace this board (for what ever reason) it will not have been done. Its not that much more work and allows you a better picture of your ongoing work. Go ahead and use you Dangerous, but have the original monitor out appear there as well. Then All functions of the board are at your finger tips.

Using the slightly larger values will extend the low frequencies slightly (in theory) As they were apparently used as originally built, I would use the larger values. As today's caps are considerably smaller than the ones used at the time of the boards manufacture, you have the option to increase the voltage rating of the caps while maintaining the size. Electrolytic caps have better attributes at higher voltage ratings, so go with that. (within reason)

Cheers
Alan

Thanks Alan, I will do the monitor outs as well then. My plan was based on n o knowledge of how it all works.

TK

tko

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2019, 12:30:50 AM »
HI all,

I have discovered a new issue.

Now when I add ANY channel to a VCAs group it puts that channel into cut. I have triple checked all switching possibilities, and I'm sure it's something we have done. We recapped the x4 master 26 cards, and this has now started.

Any suggestions?

Thanks TK.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 02:14:00 AM by tko »

oyanliz

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2019, 07:02:52 AM »
Hi,

I have the same issue with the VCA 1. All cards for master section have been recapped and tested in our old console. We sold the console and after installed the new one and inserted his the cards (tested in the other one and working fine all of them), appeared the issue. When any channel signal is sent to VCA 1, it goes to MUTE. In my case, teh issue it is only on VCA 1. VCA 2-8 working fine.

If I discover any issue I will write back here.

Regards.

Oihan

oyanliz

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2019, 08:37:13 AM »
Hi,

I have check the VCA faders + Mutes card 82E20, all diodes look working and all ICs tested (one it was not ok). But still the issue is there. When thumbweel of any channel is turned to position 1, the channel of the thumbweel goes to CUT.

Will keep trying things.

Regards.

Oihan

xmax

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2019, 08:56:17 AM »
Did you try a different fader in the VCA 1 slot? Sounds like something is wrong with that VCA
slot or the fader in that position. 

tko

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2019, 10:07:46 AM »
My issue is when I switch to ANY VCA group. Not just VCA 1.

oyanliz

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2019, 10:18:14 PM »
Hi,
I would swear that the first thing I did when I saw the issue, I swapped the fader with another one, but I did not do that, because I swapped it this afternoon, just in case, and the problem it is gone. So sorry for writeing my issue in your thread, I was sure that it was a similar issue. Did you recap the 82E20 card? Did you check all ICs and diodes of this card?

xmax

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2019, 02:07:49 AM »
Look at the transistors on the 20 card, test them with diode setting
on multi meter.