Author Topic: CRT questions **SOLVED**  (Read 2247 times)

Enginemark

• NYC
    • Engine Room Audio
CRT questions **SOLVED**
« on: October 21, 2015, 02:42:55 PM »
Ive got two questions related to the CRT on our 4kG+ -

Firstly, the CRT died about 6 months ago.  Anyone got any leads on replacements?  Looked at a few small flat panels, and we may go that way, but I curious if anyone has any leads on a way to actually replace it rather than set a small screen on top of it.

Secondly, in the months that we've had the computer connected to an external screen, the color of the actual content has gone from the usual green color to a black and white version of that color.  The black and white version actually generally looks better (sharper and less lines traveling across the screen), but I'm worried that its a pre cursor to something failing.  Anyone got any experience with that?  BTW: its def not the new screen thats B&W.  It's the output of the SSL computer......
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 09:29:24 PM by Matt Sartori »

Artur D'Assumpção

• Sintra, Portugal
Re: CRT questions
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 03:29:27 PM »
Hi,

I have a typical LCD vga  monitor in place of the old CRT, you can't notice any aesthetic differences and overall image is much sharper .

I then use a box to convert the components signal (RGB) to VGA. - http://www.ambery.com/rgbcgatovgac.html

You also need to mantain the standard RGB switcher so you can switch between the video output of the computer and TR computer without loosing video sync.

I hope this helps!

« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 03:32:09 PM by Artur D'Assumpção »

waltzingbear

• Portland, Oregon
    • Waltzing Bear Audio
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 05:55:21 PM »
the LCD display will also induce less noise into the system than the old CRT based one does with its flyback generator.

Alan
Alan Garren
Waltzing Bear Audio

KoleThomsen

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 12:00:21 PM »
We bought this one for our 4064G+ : http://www.ebay.com/itm/VGA-AV-Lcd-Driver-board-5-6inch-640x480-AT056TN52-V3-4-3-Lcd-panel-/170951901342?hash=item27cd87009e

It has a standard composite input, which is what the CRT uses. Fits right into the original enclosure.

Shavey

• Seattle, WA
    • synergynw.com
Re: CRT questions **SOLVED**
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2019, 11:40:36 PM »
Has anyone done this recently... any new tips?  I have that LCD monitor on its way.  Just wondering about mounting and input connection???
Life is just a candle, and a dream must give it flame.