Author Topic: 4044G+ Unique size and condition! SOLD!  (Read 1866 times)

Megaphon

4044G+ Unique size and condition! SOLD!
« on: March 04, 2020, 05:20:32 PM »
Solid State Logic SL4044G+

Fitted are 40 mono channels with 292EQ and 4 stereo channels which give you 48 channels in just 2m width, thanks to the custom ordered frame with its narrow center section, thin end trims and remote patchbay. VU-metering for channels, analog PPMs in center section and remote 19” VU-meter panel for Cues & SLS. This console was never fitted with automation or total recall but is prepared for easy connection to the new THD-Labs Tangerine automation for DAW control.

Delivered new in late September 1997 and has since only been powered up and used for about two days a month, which equals an aggregated everyday usage of about 18 months. Therefore this console shows only very light signs of use or age. After decommissioning all functions and signal paths has been verified, calibrated and measured for frequency response, phase and THD+N. Typical measurement values are as below.

• Very long path: Channel line Input>Dynamic>Equalizer>Insert>Large fader>Small fader>Bus matrix>Channel bus output: Frequency roll off -1,5db@10Hz and -2,25dB@40kHz, Phase shift -50°@20Hz and +70°@30kHz, THD+N unweighted below 0,01% with a slight VCA-bump to 0,025% around 12kHz.

•Short path: Microphone input>Small fader>Direct output: Frequency roll off -0,4db@10Hz and -0,4dB@40kHz, Phase shift -15°@20Hz and +20°@30kHz, THD+N unweighted average below 0,005%.

•Mix busses: Pre vca insert>Mix bus output: Frequency roll off -0,01db@10Hz and -0,5dB@40kHz, THD+N unweighted average below 0,007%.

All measurements were done with the Prism Sound dScope Series III.

Everything works like a charm and measures as you could expect from a brand new console so for a 23 year old one that haven’t been recapped these are nothing but amazing figures!

The sale also includes:
• Full documentation including Operators manual, Service manual and the Original delivery folder covering configuration, factory fitted special orders or modifications.
• Dual PSUs and switchover unit with 9m power cables.
• Full 7m cabling for connecting the patchbay to the console.
• A number of DL-cables with different terminations at the other end.
• 50 Mogami bantam patch cords.
• Wireless talkback remote control.
• Dual original speaker shelves.
• Channel module service extender.
• Center section extension card set (not fully complete).
• Special tools kit.
• Spare circuit kit with an assortment of various ICs, transistors, lamps, VU-illumination-LEDs, fuses etc.
• Packing and crating for ground transport.

If you have a serious interest in this console I’ll be more than happy to provide you with any additional information, photos or measurement data graphs by your request. The console can be seen and test driven in southern Sweden, about one hour drive from Copenhagen international airport (Yes, I can pick you up!). Estimated shipping cost within EU is around €1200.

Asking price €45000.- ex works
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 07:52:26 PM by Megaphon »

jimlfixit

• Global Moderator
    • Maidenhead, Bucks, UK
Re: 4044G+ for sale. DL connectors and looms
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2020, 07:58:14 PM »
Hi
Good luck with the sale of your console. I notice that there are 7m console to patchbay cables and a number of DL looms with different terminations at the other ends.

If it helps your sale and the potential buyer, I supply DL connectors to UK distributors and European studios and also construct DL cables and patchbays. If the buyer would need shorter than 7m looms, I can reduce these in length to suit if sent to me here in the UK.

I am the wiring moderator on here and have posted numerous posts regarding wiring. I have also just posted some up to date DL connector prices in the Sell/buy menu.