Author Topic: Just wanted to introduce myself  (Read 2722 times)

metro_

Just wanted to introduce myself
« on: January 08, 2020, 03:42:09 PM »
Hi everyone!

Thanks for letting me join the forum!  I just wanted to say hi. 

I've been mostly an in-the-box musician since exiting from a touring and recording band in the 90s. Like most home studio musicians I keep trying to attain certain sounds on a budget so SSL products have been no exception in my world.

I hit on the Waves SSL plugins some years ago and that cemented my DAW channel strip. It was a noticeable change in how I shaped my sounds and just made keen to get access to a real 4K or 6K one day for more than just a studio session! I'm watching the release of the Origin. Believe me  ;D

However, last year I picked up a Nucleus while on the hunt for a good stereo pre. Not only do I love the superanalogue channels in it. The hardware also **completely** changed the way I work, to the point where I'm actually mixing with my ears again as opposed to a screen and mouse. I forgot what that feeling was like and am overjoyed to have that experience again.

In any case, I recognize that I'm an entry-level character in this group but I am an enthusiast nonetheless.

I might give you all a run for your money with regard to synths instead :)

Cheers ~
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 03:43:51 PM by metro_ »
aspiring analog SSL owner :)
- Nucleus v1 controlling Ableton 10.x
- G-SSL Rack
- Waves SSL Plugin Bundle

Matt Sartori

• Administrator
    • London
    • Solid State Logic Fanatics Database
Re: Just wanted to introduce myself
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 11:58:25 AM »
hi there and welcome!

thank you for sharing your journey and for saying "you are mixing with your ears not with your eyes", this is certainly something that resonates.

Keep on browsing the forum there are always bits and pieces up for sale here and one thing I'd say ask questions!

enjoy,

Matt Sartori

metro_

Re: Just wanted to introduce myself
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2020, 10:28:22 PM »
Thanks so much, Matt!

I remember that period well when we were recording with our ears only!

I tried numerous controllers over the years but not one broke that barrier until I started using Nucleus. This system instantly made sense to me, namely by letting me enter into my plugin array properly and having it display the information correctly at each step. The controls and automation finally feel intuitive and proactive as opposed to drawn in or arbitrarily mapped to more generic controllers. I absolutely adore it, not to mention the I/O which *also* has a quality to it that makes sense to my ears. This may be commonplace for some but for me, it became the most important change in my whole rig.

I look forward to learning and contributing!
aspiring analog SSL owner :)
- Nucleus v1 controlling Ableton 10.x
- G-SSL Rack
- Waves SSL Plugin Bundle