Author Topic: Issues with VCA faders  (Read 1546 times)

nycsudio1

• NYC
Issues with VCA faders
« on: July 10, 2020, 04:53:35 AM »
Hi there,

I'm commissioning my SSL 4040 E/G after relocation and started to have some issues with a few channels.

One of the channels passes signal even with the ca fader completely off. I swapped faders, reseated all the cards in the channel strips but the problem is still there.

A couple of channels will only pass signal with the faders in independent mode or any other bus numbers selected except 0.

I appreciate it if anyone could point me in the right direction with these issues.

Thanks!

horizonsound

• Melbourne, Australia
    • Horizon Sound
Re: Issues with VCA faders
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2020, 08:50:35 AM »
For the fader passing audio while down, I would be looking at the associated BC212 transistors on the logic card, that select the audio path. Assuming you are bypassing the computer to rule that out. First start by swapping out the logic card in the affected module.

For the VCA group issue, look at your E20 card in the centre section. This assumes that you have checked that your VCA trim is not engaged and trimmed down.
Maybe the BFR39/80  T18 / T30 transistors on the E20 card.

Anthony.

nycsudio1

• NYC
Re: Issues with VCA faders
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2020, 03:30:16 AM »
Hi Anthony,

Thank you for the information provided.

I removed the E20 card and everything checked out, so I inserted back into the slot and the problem was solved. I guess it was a seating problem.

As to the two faders in Independent mode, it turned out that the ribbon cable was bad on both faders. I replaced them and everything is working now.

Yes, the computer was bypassed.

Thanks again for your help.

Best Regards,

Louis