Author Topic: Posting drawings on this site  (Read 4667 times)

jimlfixit

• Global Moderator
    • Maidenhead, Bucks, UK
Posting drawings on this site
« on: September 03, 2012, 02:25:46 PM »
Hi people

Any tips on how to post a drawing on this site? I know how to include pictures but, how do I show drawings?

I guess I draw something and scan it but, doesn't it need to end up as a picture (via some site like Photobucket) in order for me to paste it to this site. As it is a scan (PDF ??), it is not a picture and therefore can't go on Photobucket I think. I use a Mac in case that matters. Help me please so I can add some useful drawings to this site.

Matt Sartori

• Administrator
    • London
    • Solid State Logic Fanatics Database
Re: Posting drawings on this site
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 11:33:10 AM »
I would just upload as JPG, I have just tried uploading  a PDF through photobucket but it wont allow me .
so if you save your scan as a JPG then you will be ok to upload it thorugh photobucket.

I am currently trying to understand how to host some material directly on the forum, but the problem is always how much space is required...

Mattia.

Matt Sartori

• Administrator
    • London
    • Solid State Logic Fanatics Database
Re: Posting drawings on this site
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 05:23:05 PM »
From now on we can all upload files directly to the forum, so if you have any relevant material like schematics you can simply click on the option below that says

Attachments and other options

click on browse and attach the document (PDF,png,jpg,doc,gif,mpg,txt and zip) all supported

so when Jim needs to post a diagram now he can do it directly on the forum, quick and easy.
everybody is more than welcome to use this feature for the RELEVANT MATERIAL.

since space is limited I invite all the members to post their own pictures of consoles or bucolic acts via photobucket and leave the server space for manuals,diagrams and schematics!
I will organize a topic for schematics soon.

Enjoy
Mattia.

PS= below you'll find a test upload of a PDF. see if you can download it!