Author Topic: Draft your post first!!!  (Read 5025 times)

jimlfixit

• Global Moderator
    • Maidenhead, Bucks, UK
Draft your post first!!!
« on: March 30, 2013, 12:46:05 AM »
I've just spent an hour starting a new topic about DL pinouts, pressed the wrong key pad (possibly the return or enter key?) and can't find the ruddy post so it is now lost in its original form. I should know better as this has happened before! Now I have to start all over again ... damm!

What I generally do (but not in this instance) is to write or draft an email to myself with all the writing in and only when it is almost done, transfer it to the forum and post it.

I therefore suggest this as a tip for posting stuff to save it from being accidentally lost before you have posted it, especially if it is long like mine normally are!

Start a topic by writing an email to yourself and save it as a draft copy. Only THEN, copy and transfer it to the site and post.

At the very least, copy your text every paragraph if you write directly into the forum so you won't lose much info if it all goes wrong!

Also, as I have stated before, when replying to posts, could you change the subject title header to suit the change of subject rather than just defaulting to the original post if the thread has changed please? If someone sees another post about 6048e for example, they have no idea what the subject is to start with. If it has a different subject title without it being a new topic (just a change of thread), it may stand out better and get more viewings.

Hope this helps from a very frustrated Jim Lassen !!! argh @*$(*&)ZFuXk!?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 12:41:24 PM by jimlfixit »

marcmozart

• Frankfurt/Germany
    • Mozart & Friends
Re: Draft your post first!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 10:40:29 AM »
Thanks for your efforts Jim! I can feel your frustration! And I totally agree, drafting a post (and saving it the moment you start the draft) is the way to go!

Cheers,
Marc
1992 SSL 4048 G-Series
Mix Engineer Blog
http://www.mixedbymarcmozart.com

Artur D'Assumpção

• Sintra, Portugal
Re: Draft your post first!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 10:47:05 PM »
I have an old habit to hit ctrl+c before hitting POST! :D

That comes from the old times where sessions would have short expiration timers and the session would logout on you when you clicked post! :D

Artur