Author Topic: International courier deliveries from the UK  (Read 3075 times)

jimlfixit

• Global Moderator
    • Maidenhead, Bucks, UK
International courier deliveries from the UK
« on: October 16, 2012, 01:45:25 AM »
Hi all. I'm not quite sure where to post this article as it deals with couriers but it may be useful for anyone sending stuff abroad (especially from the UK as I know it works).

For all my international deliveries over the last few years I have been using Interparcel and they have never let me down apart from one transaction involving Yodel who didn't turn up to collect 3 times!

I've sent stuff to Canada and Australia (both of which arrived by standard delivery within 3 days). Ask Stefan who lives in Australia. I sent something out via a 2-5 day delivery on Friday afternoon and he had it by Monday. Most of my deliveries are in Europe and, with Interparcel, it is very easy to do online. Type in the Country, weight and dimensions and you get an instant quote. They use numerous couriers like UPS, Fed EX, DHL etc and you can choose which one when you see the quotes online.

Hopefully this is handy for those of you sending stuff out. I'm not sure how it works if you are outside of the UK but it certainly works for me here.

Regards from Jim Lassen (www.profcon.co.uk).

StefanNowak

• Sydney, Australia.
Re: International courier deliveries from the UK
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 11:59:13 PM »
Yes, the deliveries I have received from Jim have all been very quick indeed, the last one being only 3 days! I couldn't believe it!

On the other hand, my sent my Total Recall cards to George Gilbert and they took 2 weeks via EMS. He didn't document they were for repairs and now they're held up in customs awaiting a duty payment. MAKE SURE YOU DOCUMENT YOUR PARCELS CORRECTLY!!

I've contacted my local postal joint awaiting their instructions.

Stef.