Author Topic: Duality "Pro-Station" Center Section with A-FADA Automation  (Read 5122 times)

bambambam

• Architekt Music
Duality "Pro-Station" Center Section with A-FADA Automation
« on: October 26, 2012, 12:58:27 AM »
Looks like SSL has announced a new center section for the Duality console. I'm unsure of the pricing (AES unveil, I'm assuming), but it looks pretty interesting. I don't own a Duality but I think an option like this including the new DAW automation controls (similar to what's on the AWS948) makes the console more versatile than before. I think I see Duality with the center section option really being great in a smaller mixing/editing room where you don't want to have a cart for the monitor/keyboard. I'm hoping they find an elegant way to implement the keyboard, though.

Their press release with all the details on A-FADA DAW Automation:
http://solidstatelogic.com/news/article.asp?ID=477&T=M
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 01:05:12 AM by GRoskos »
George Roskos
Owner/Studio Manager
Architekt Music

Matt Sartori

• Administrator
    • London
    • Solid State Logic Fanatics Database
Re: Duality "Pro-Station" Center Section with A-FADA Automation
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 04:29:09 PM »
Very interesting indeed!
I have worked with all the Digidesign-Avid controllers available in the market..I have yet to see something that can control a DAW (and be ergonomic) the same easy way...
let's see what happens!

Mattia.

Matt Sartori

• Administrator
    • London
    • Solid State Logic Fanatics Database
Re: Duality "Pro-Station" Center Section with A-FADA Automation
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 09:15:13 AM »
I have actually installed the software on a duality the other day and tested the A-FADA, it's an interesting solution but not too elegant.
you need to create extra faders and not assign any output on it, alternatively a set of aux sends on a channel basis.
It seems the only way to control actual Audio Faders rather than outputs from protools.

it seems weird that Avid cannot implement some sort of non HUI protocol that also SSL could use in order to run it in a better way.

(the console is lovely tho!)  ;D

Mattia.