Author Topic: Looking for an SSL Tech in North West Washington St.  (Read 908 times)

reederje

Looking for an SSL Tech in North West Washington St.
« on: December 07, 2023, 02:49:31 PM »
Hello All, Long time lurkers first time poster. I recently bought a beautiful SSL 4000G+, with a remote patch bay.  Unfortunately, the wiring between the console and the remote patch bay was damaged during shipping.  This has allowed us to rethink how we will wire each bucket to the patch bay, and I am currently rewiring the channels, which is fairly straightforward, but I need someone to help me sort out the center section and get the console up and running.  I would love to discuss the project more.  But since we sold our previous console, we have been without a mix room for a few months now, and we need to get back up and running.  Thanks so much for any suggestions.       

Clip6

Re: Looking for an SSL Tech in North West Washington St.
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2023, 12:03:59 AM »
phil nicolay seattle

jimlfixit

• Global Moderator
    • Maidenhead, Bucks, UK
Re: Looking for an SSL Tech in North West Washington St.
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2023, 06:21:44 PM »
Hi.
I am Jim Lassen, the wiring moderator on this forum. I worked at SSL from 1980-87, have installed and modified many SSL consoles since then and can help.
SSL remote patchbays were generally connected to the console with 96 way DL connectors which I have in stock and also sell Worldwide.
I have almost rebuilt SSL patchbays and know practically all the connections to the studio and console (channels and centre MRAC connectors etc) so, get in contact and I will see what I can do to assist you. Some details and pictures would be good in advance and maybe a chat on the phone later.
I can't fix things but I know the SSL wiring more than most people out there.
Based in Maidenhead, Bucks, UK
PS: I know Phil Nicolay as well so send him my regards if you contact him. Both overlapping at SSL in the early years!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2023, 06:23:52 PM by jimlfixit »