Author Topic: WEBSITE IMPROVEMENTS  (Read 11845 times)

jimlfixit

• Global Moderator
    • Maidenhead, Bucks, UK
WEBSITE IMPROVEMENTS
« on: November 12, 2012, 05:24:04 PM »
The person who created this website, Mata Haze, along with 2 moderators (Andy H and Jim L) are meeting here in the UK on Thursday, 12th Nov 2012, to discuss the sslforum and hopefully make it better and more useful for all concerned.

Do any of you have any ideas about improvements to the website? If so, post a reply here and we will see it.

Over the last few weeks, we have had over 100 new posts (now 621) and the members list now stands at 82. The most views in one day has risen from 12 through to 30 and now stands at 50. This is a great achievement and proof that this site is attracting attention from SSL users worldwide.[/size]

PLEASE CONTINUE TO GIVE US YOUR VIEWS.

Regards, Jim Lassen (www.profcon.co.uk).
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 09:13:31 PM by jimlfixit »

StefanNowak

• Sydney, Australia.
Re: URGENT. Re WEBSITE IMPROVEMENTS (temporary post)
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 07:11:20 PM »
As far as internet forums go, this one is running smoothly and pretty standard I would say. I've been trolling forums for over 10 years and this is just as great.

The only thing I would like to see is the ability of attaching files/pics directly rather than via a link to a server, I realise this is a server/space related issue however.

Stef.

Matt Sartori

• Administrator
    • London
    • Solid State Logic Fanatics Database
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 11:29:03 PM »
As far as internet forums go, this one is running smoothly and pretty standard I would say. I've been trolling forums for over 10 years and this is just as great.

The only thing I would like to see is the ability of attaching files/pics directly rather than via a link to a server, I realise this is a server/space related issue however.

Stef.

Hi Stef,
thank you for your kind comments!

Currently the way the forum works is that it is ancilliary to sslmixed.com so they are sharing the same space.
unfortunately (as you have correctly spotted) there is an issue there, we are working in major improvements with the web designer but not all can be implemented as we stand (as they are expensive) but some (like localization of users) will in the nearest future!
Also if everything goes well and we manage to generate enough traffic here we might be able to rent more web space and allow users to upload files, but for now we are nowhere near Ge@rslutz capabilities.
but we might ....perhaps not soon...but...  ;)

Mattia.
Mattia.

Subhumanrecords

• Keeping Analog Alive 2 Inches @ A Time !!
    • Nashville, TN USA
    • Subhumanaudiopro
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 11:43:30 AM »
Greetings Mattia and all SSL freaks, as we all know these days it's costly to have anything worth while. And if wasn't for for Mattia and SSL guru god Andy aka Sintech aka evil genius I couldn't be where I'm at right now with my project. And I think you both and everyone here for all there support.
So I would like to donate like $10 a month to this site for maintenance and other things expenses.
Please everyone here, you don't have to but with all the knowledge you gain from this place, I would recommend to all to help out. That's just my 2 cents. Big ups to Mattia, Andy and Jim.
Please post paypal info for donations.,

Myke
Keeping Analog Alive 2 Inches @ A Time !!(Plus PTHD)

StefanNowak

• Sydney, Australia.
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 10:29:24 PM »
Great idea Myke.

Mattia started this forum right at the time I got my 4K, the timing couldn't be better.

I'm more than happy to make a donation if it helps.

Stef.

Subhumanrecords

• Nashville, TN USA
    • Subhumanaudiopro
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 12:06:39 AM »
Thanks Stefan, this would definitly help out. I know Mattia,Andy, and Jim do a hell of alot around here. And its only fare. Its not fare for so much knowledge and time being put in to this forum for nothing and them spend out of pocket. I no their not here to make a  profit.
I've learned alot from Andy, he has always answered any dumbass  questions i have throwed at him, which is alot.. Mattia has done the same thing.
Thanks to all that helps us out. If i would ever win the lottery these guys would get a split..

Thank you Mattia,Andy, and Jim. Hit us up so we can donate to this great place of peace of mind and away from our wives...HEHEHEHE

Myke

Matt Sartori

• Administrator
    • London
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 07:08:47 PM »
Guys....I am overwhelmed (I hope the spelling is correct) about these sentences ...
really!
I must say that all this came about because of passion and as has been correctly stated before not as a profit making machine, so it's of huge importance that this gets recognized (as it is happening) that people like Andy and Jim are putting so much effort onto this!

We had the first "moderators" meeting today and decided to take on this donation suggestion and add a button to the forum.

All the offers will go into making this forum better and implementing all the things we need, as well as paying for web space.
It's great to have the support and it's great to have GOOD PEOPLE around here: let's keep it going and

SPREAD the WORD guys!

thank you.....

here is a quick picture of the HOBBIT MEETING today (just the place as we were too busy discussing to take a picture of us!)

such a LOVELY place!

Subhumanrecords

• Nashville, TN USA
    • Subhumanaudiopro
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 08:05:20 PM »
Thanks Mattia, love the hobbit house. I could sit and chill in a beautiful place as that..
Anyway, good to hear about the donate button.
I will definitely donate all I can spare each month. I would really hate to loose this place.
Thanks Mattia, Andy and Jim..

Myke

Matt Sartori

• Administrator
    • London
Re: WEBSITE IMPROVEMENTS
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2013, 07:50:43 PM »
I have just implemented a basic form of feedback called "Karma", its simple and works.
you can find it just underneath each member avatar, I suggest we use this carefully and rate actual "transactions" or "deals" accordingly, until something a bit more advanced gets implemented.

suggestions and comments welcome.

Mattia.

Matt Sartori

• Administrator
    • London
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2013, 02:45:34 PM »
Also from today "donate button" is active!

Mattia.

Subhumanrecords

• Nashville, TN USA
    • Subhumanaudiopro
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2013, 12:50:24 AM »
Everytime I hit donate and bring up my paypal account I put the cash in, then go thru to let it no that all is correct, I hit yes, but then the screen says hit the PayPal logo in top left corner and them it just bring up my account. And the donation won't go thru. I have done this 5 times and still doing the same thing. HELP me please, I want to do my part and give cash, but this damn Paypal is going weird.

StefanNowak

• Sydney, Australia.
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2013, 06:30:05 AM »
I'm going blind.... where is the DONATE button?

S

StefanNowak

• Sydney, Australia.
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2013, 06:31:11 AM »
Found it... adblocker had it hidden..

S

Matt Sartori

• Administrator
    • London
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2013, 07:36:25 PM »
Everytime I hit donate and bring up my paypal account I put the cash in, then go thru to let it no that all is correct, I hit yes, but then the screen says hit the PayPal logo in top left corner and them it just bring up my account. And the donation won't go thru. I have done this 5 times and still doing the same thing. HELP me please, I want to do my part and give cash, but this damn Paypal is going weird.

hello, I suggest you try a different web browser, I think it might be due to that, I am using an old version of firefox ( I have a G4) and safari and both work....
the webmaster will be happy if you manage to donate! :)
thank you!

Mattia.

Subhumanrecords

• Nashville, TN USA
    • Subhumanaudiopro
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2013, 12:57:35 AM »

hello, I suggest you try a different web browser, I think it might be due to that, I am using an old version of firefox ( I have a G4) and safari and both work....
the webmaster will be happy if you manage to donate! :) :-[
thank you!

Mattia.

Thanks Mattia, couldn't donate as much this week, but I'm going donate each week.
I can't live without this forum, you all are my mates in crime(Andy..hint)
Myke