Author Topic: SSL AYSIS -configuration-  (Read 5073 times)

Matt Sartori

• Administrator
    • London
    • Solid State Logic Fanatics Database
SSL AYSIS -configuration-
« on: December 29, 2012, 03:25:36 PM »
this is a pretty advanced and hard core question...simply because I don't think the system has had many people working on it...anyway I am going to try.

I am currently working on an Aysis Air console and I need to connect a PC running a Terminal emulation on the diagnostic port of it.
I have the cable connected correctly (by the book!) I am running a PC with windows XP and I am using "Zoc" as software to emulate the terminal (VT102) from the serial communication port (RS232)

ain't working as in the terminal (from PC) is not seeing the boot up sequence of the console (needless to say the console is actually booting up correctly and I can see it from an external monitor I am using).

Let's see if I manage to drag anybody in this discussion and get it fix...I am stuck at the moment!

Mattia.

Matt Sartori

• Administrator
    • London
    • Solid State Logic Fanatics Database
Re: SSL AYSIS -configuration-
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 06:55:11 PM »
OK I am replying to my own post:
in this case the standard RS232 connection is not right, by having a closer look on the connection diagrams pins2 and 3 (which you would normally cross) are actually straight.
so pin2 is connected to pin 2 and pin 3 is connected to pin 3 between the terminal (on a 9Pin D sub) and the aysis processor (still 9Pin D sub).

got terminal connected and fully working now.
the console ain't working but I can see where it is stopping now.
why? that's another story....

more to come (hopefully)

Mattia.