XK-System (community project) > Research

4000 software

(1/6) > >>

Showcase:
I`ve always used 3.52, are there significant fixes in the later software updates? And if so, anyone willing to send a copy for a fee! :)

Showcase:
Im bumping my own thread here cause I´ve always had some minor issues that might have been fixed in a later software update!

ilcaccillo:

--- Quote from: Showcase on March 09, 2013, 02:44:21 PM ---Im bumping my own thread here cause I´ve always had some minor issues that might have been fixed in a later software update!

--- End quote ---

Hi,
our computer doesn't work at the moment but the diskette says "SSL Program Disk V G4.01" is that helpful to you?

I could send it,
Can I just copy the files directly with a modern computer and sending it over the web?

I never used this so I don't know if the 3.5 floppy disk is formatted in the same way as a normal PC 3.5 floppy disk.

let me know something

Artur D'Assumpção:
You can.

Use a linux live CD with a computer with a floppy drive.

Then use the command "dd" to make a raw image of the floppy disk to a file. The one the other side you can also use "dd" to write the raw image back to the floppy.

dd if=/dev/fd0 of= floppy.img count=1 bs=1440k
dd if=floppy.img of= /dev/fd0 count=1 bs=1440k

You also have "dd" on OS X.

For windows there's also an app called RawWrite that can achieve the same thing.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Artur

retrocores:

--- Quote from: ilcaccillo on February 15, 2014, 02:31:18 AM ---
--- Quote from: Showcase on March 09, 2013, 02:44:21 PM ---Im bumping my own thread here cause I´ve always had some minor issues that might have been fixed in a later software update!

--- End quote ---

Hi,
our computer doesn't work at the moment but the diskette says "SSL Program Disk V G4.01" is that helpful to you?

I could send it,
Can I just copy the files directly with a modern computer and sending it over the web?

I never used this so I don't know if the 3.5 floppy disk is formatted in the same way as a normal PC 3.5 floppy disk.

let me know something

--- End quote ---

Hi,

If you manage to create a raw image of your program disk could you email it to me? I'm trying to reverse engineer / dis-assemble this software.

Cheers,

Steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version