Author Topic: LEDs, bulbs and colors for CUT, SOLO, Centre Section, READY TAPE, READY GROUP  (Read 15861 times)

elshiftos

Right, where was I....

Nothing too complex here, just recycle your old lamps as per the photo, using the following values:
Resistor - 8k2 0.25W (dissipates ~0.13W)
LED - Rapid electronics (UK) Part no. 55-1545

The lamps that use a coloured ‘boot’ are fine as they are, but the white ones require something to diffuse the light and reduce glare. A square of A4 paper, cut out and wedged inside the switch cap does the trick!   :)

YMMV Etc

michaeldtech

• 2Q
If you are going with single chip LED's then a bit of fine-tuning with all the variations of single colors available should get close to original color for the purists.
Mike
PS: I would recommend a regular vacumming of that console with a horse-hair brush to keep the dust from accumulating.  I recommend to everyone here.  Go for horse-hair, longer bristles in an old-school Electrolux style if possible and adapt the brush to your studio vac.  Put a round piece of  5mm screen inside to catch all the EAO switch caps.  You will not believe the dust collected on the screen only half-way across the desk!  Should post a vac primer. . .

sintech

• Global Moderator
    • Bristol, UK
If you are going with single chip LED's then a bit of fine-tuning with all the variations of single colors available should get close to original color for the purists.
Mike
PS: I would recommend a regular vacumming of that console with a horse-hair brush to keep the dust from accumulating.  I recommend to everyone here.  Go for horse-hair, longer bristles in an old-school Electrolux style if possible and adapt the brush to your studio vac.  Put a round piece of  5mm screen inside to catch all the EAO switch caps.  You will not believe the dust collected on the screen only half-way across the desk!  Should post a vac primer. . .

Hey Mike, a picture of your adapted brush (with screen) would be wonderful, thank you :-) I used a standard "Henry" with brush attachment this week, but it did suck one EAO cap, that had to be fished out! :(

Audioplatinum Service

• Zagreb, CROATIA
    • Embrio Production Studio
work in progress...

"A clean desk is the sign of a sick mind..."

unitedreco

• chicago,Il
Ive been hanging on to the blown lamps for quite some time now to do just the same, id be intesrested to see what you guys have come up with, the important thing in the conversion is to make sure the led has the right amount of degrees of spread otherwise it will look way to bright and blinding...bring on the parts list!!!
Rae Nimeh

elshiftos

Ive been hanging on to the blown lamps for quite some time now to do just the same, id be intesrested to see what you guys have come up with, the important thing in the conversion is to make sure the led has the right amount of degrees of spread otherwise it will look way to bright and blinding...bring on the parts list!!!

See my previous post for resistor value and LED. You may need to order a few different parts and experiment with a spare switch and a 36V psu on the bench to find what looks good to you.

nycsudio1

• NYC
Hi guys, I am also a proud owner of an SSL 4040 E/G and have built led's with resistors in the past, however I decided to revert back to the original lamps because I had an issue with polarity. Is there anyone using led's with resistors and experiencing the same issue with polarity?

« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 07:15:32 PM by nycsudio1 »

elshiftos

The only issue with LED polarity that I can think of could easily be rectified by turning the lamp through 180 degrees.

What problem are you experiencing?

ilcaccillo

The only issue with LED polarity that I can think of could easily be rectified by turning the lamp through 180 degrees.

What problem are you experiencing?

Hi nycsudio1, I'm also looking forward to replace our desk lamps with LEDs could you please let us know more about the problem you were experiencing?

thanks

Franz

Hi guys! Most LEDs are about 3V and 20 milliamps. Is the resistance to be interposed okay at 1800 ohms?

oyanliz

Hi,

I have posted the info about the components I have used (http://forum.sslmixed.com/index.php/topic,279.0.html):

- LED reference: OSCH4L5111A
https://www.tme.eu/es/details/osch4l5111a/diodos-led-tht-5mm/optosupply/

- Resistor reference: MOF1WS
https://www.tme.eu/es/details/mof1ws-1k8/resistencias-metalizadas-tht-1w/sr-passives/

I use the original rubber caps for coloring and also  plastidip liquid rubber (https://www.plasti-dip.es/vinilo-liquido/plastidip-goma-liquida-429ml/)

Regards.

Oihan

Franz

Made the same thing! Great work! ;) Our SSL is now future-proof. What about the 2 tiny led underneath the VU Meter (not those on top)? I still haven't found a solution. Any idea? Photo in attachment.

Regards,
Franz.

Franz

Figured out:

Led 3mm 20mA 3.0 V with 1.8k ohm resistor. Works great!