Author Topic: Request for Help - SSL 8000 support  (Read 10640 times)

Artur D'Assumpção

• Sintra, Portugal
Request for Help - SSL 8000 support
« on: April 05, 2014, 09:33:58 PM »
Hi guys,

We need your help to understand if the design of the 8000 console under the hood is the same/similar/compatible has with the 4000/6000s conoles?

In terms of the SSLMixing Computer we are trying to assess if under the hood the electronics are compatible with the 4000s/6000s so we can use the same computer design to support this console.

From what I've seen so for all leads me to believe that indeed it's the same design, with small changes, like the 6000 is to the 4000. What I we would like is for your helps to better understand the computer I/O compatibility, and also the major differences with the 4000 console. This would allow us to understand better the requisites for this console and factor it in the new SSLMixed Computer design.

Comments are appreciated! Thanks for your support!

Cheers,

Artur
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 09:52:19 PM by Artur D'Assumpção »

Dan Korneff

Re: Request for Help - SSL 8000 support
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 05:46:42 PM »
I know this is super old... but I have an 8K console if you need anything.

Artur D'Assumpção

• Sintra, Portugal
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 09:55:19 AM »
Hi Dan,

This is indeed very old, but not outdated at all! As we are pursuing forward with the new community computer we still need much information about the 8000, since this will be indeed one of the consoles which will have full support. We think we have things figured out, but there are always surprises and we really want to get this right.

At this stage I would be happy to have a complete console service manual (and why not user manual) for the 8000 which we don't have.

Currently we are considering the A,B,C and D buses, plus the object mapping differences for the 8000 channel strip. Is there any other differences?

If there's are any info regarding the details of the 8000 channel strip and bussing options, plus highlighting the differences of the 8000 channel strip would be great.

Also, if you have Total Recall, can you show us how is the recall panels for the channel strip please?

Photos would rock!

Can you be specific on you 8000 specs? We are looking for a person with the will to help us and availability to test hands-on and to be our point man on the 8000 consoles, for testing and bug hunting. :)

Thanks!

Cheers,

Artur

RoyMixer

• NYC
    • Roy Hendrickson, Mixer/Engineer/Producer
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 03:25:40 PM »
Dan,
I'd love to see those pix a well if you take them

best

Roy

Hi Dan,

This is indeed very old, but not outdated at all! As we are pursuing forward with the new community computer we still need much information about the 8000, since this will be indeed one of the consoles which will have full support. We think we have things figured out, but there are always surprises and we really want to get this right.

At this stage I would be happy to have a complete console service manual (and why not user manual) for the 8000 which we don't have.

Currently we are considering the A,B,C and D buses, plus the object mapping differences for the 8000 channel strip. Is there any other differences?

If there's are any info regarding the details of the 8000 channel strip and bussing options, plus highlighting the differences of the 8000 channel strip would be great.

Also, if you have Total Recall, can you show us how is the recall panels for the channel strip please?

Photos would rock!

Can you be specific on you 8000 specs? We are looking for a person with the will to help us and availability to test hands-on and to be our point man on the 8000 consoles, for testing and bug hunting. :)

Thanks!

Cheers,

Artur

rbgrid

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 03:02:22 PM »
Hi Guys,

I don't know if this is any help but I have the preliminary installation manuals for (2) 8072 consoles (Abbey Road studio 3 & Audio Arte) and one of them has the info & schematics for the Film Pan Modification.

If you want scans, let me know.

Thanks,
Judy
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"

Matt Sartori

• Administrator
    • London
    • Solid State Logic Fanatics Database
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 06:19:28 AM »
Hi Judy,

any help will be much appreciated.