Author Topic: Project Status Update 22-03-2015  (Read 5068 times)

Artur D'Assumpção

• Sintra, Portugal
Project Status Update 22-03-2015
« on: March 22, 2015, 08:01:46 PM »
Hi guys,

Just to let you know the I/O card prototypes for Ultimation consoles have finally arrived from the factory. We will be assembling them during next week and testing it out. If everything pans out like we are predicting soon we'll be also printing the motherboard and VCA cards. We are very close to have a complete hardware system ready.

More news soon!**cross fingers** \o/\o/

Cheers,

Artur
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 08:05:05 PM by Artur D'Assumpção »

perfectsnd

Re: Project Status Update 22-03-2015
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 11:20:50 PM »
Any more updates?

Artur D'Assumpção

• Sintra, Portugal
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 11:15:02 AM »
Hi,

Yes we are proceeding with tests on the I/O card and the motherboard design. We are actually testing out several configurations inside the rack and see which one is best. We believe we figured out the most simple way a few days ago.

I am very proud to say that I am very happy of the simplicity of the I/O card. After several designs we have managed to do a simple design that will be very easy for a DIY to build it him self.

I hope we can show some faders moving soon. ;)

Cheers,

Artur

perfectsnd

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 04:33:29 AM »
Any more updates?  I really need a solution to having no recall card.

Artur D'Assumpção

• Sintra, Portugal
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 11:36:16 PM »
Hi,

I haven't updated as often since we've been deeply involved in designing the VCA I/O card. The last one I showed was the Ultimation card.

After some tests with the Ultimation we decided to go to a even more evolved design and more robust. We weren't very happy with the S&H results and also the lack of autonomy the I/O card had, since it was very dependent of the motherboard for powering and testing. We've addressed this issue on the VCA design which is now 100% autonomous, with it's own powering capabilities and micro-controller. We've also abandoned the simple S&H and went instead to a more traditional AD/DA design.

We're going to print this new design in the VCA format in a couple of weeks and test it live at Andy's/Sintech in UK. If this test goes as planned we'll be merging this design back into the Ultimation card.

I know this is taking an awful lot of time, but these things take its time. Remember we are doing this as a "hobby"/community project. Unfortunately we don't have the luxury to be 100% dedicated to it to deliver as fast as we desired. But we're getting there, and if you patient, I am sure we'll have a very good community alternative, designed with lots of love and good vibes!!! ;)

I'll do soon an update with the VCA design.

Thanks for asking!

Cheers,

Artur

StarF666

• Berlin, Germany
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 09:32:35 AM »
Nice to see some love for VCA users. ;) Keep it up! Can't applaud enough for all your (read everybody involved) efforts.

Artur D'Assumpção

• Sintra, Portugal
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2015, 10:29:33 AM »
On behalf of the team thank you for the kind words.

We are hard working and committed to bring this to the community. I hope the long waiting pays of! ;)

\o/\o/

Artur

perfectsnd

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2015, 04:13:05 PM »
Any more updates and progress on the system?