Author Topic: Meter bridge speaker stand  (Read 3726 times)

Mixerman

Meter bridge speaker stand
« on: May 06, 2019, 02:24:04 PM »
Maybe this is not a tech question, but I´m looking for speaker stand for the meter bridge for a 4k. I know that SSL delivered custom made stands for the bridge. If someone know, I will be happy :-)

Regards Mixerman

Spanzor

Re: Meter bridge speaker stand
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 04:20:32 PM »
Same,  I'm actually trying to come up with a solution to have MORE of a space across the top of the console.

My buddy came up with a pretty good solution on his desk of mounting a vinyl wrapped piece of wood on top of the small meter bridge stands, and has much more flexibility with multiple sets of speakers/ easily moving things if it is required, etc.  It's basically a 1'x12' shelf across the top, lava lamps and everything.

I'm thinking of doing the same.  At the moment I've got an Adam 3 way on top of that small meter bridge stand, with an NS10 on top of the adam.
 Real janky.  One stack got bumped into and went down onto the top of the console, busted about 15 knob caps and bent some shafts...all good fun. 

Maybe the MixingTable guy can start making these new, it's probably fairly easy to clone.

see if Keith at Recycled audio has any

Clip6

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 02:22:19 AM »
Recycled Audio has a pair and also can custom build as used by Spike Stent.

waltzingbear

• Portland, Oregon
    • Waltzing Bear Audio
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2019, 07:51:18 PM »
Here are some pictures of what a friend did with his Trident TSM, works pretty well and is very similar to the SSL in top of board design.

That is a very thick plank that I think he laminated to make the top plate, gravity does the work.

yes, it is just sitting on the 3 "speaker stands"

Cheers
Alan
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 07:57:23 PM by waltzingbear »
Alan Garren
Waltzing Bear Audio

horizonsound

• Melbourne, Australia
    • Horizon Sound
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2020, 08:47:51 PM »
Of interest on this topic... I had some spare Tasmanian oak left over, so made some speaker stands to match.
The mounting block is 3D printed.

jakemurray

• London
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2020, 10:00:01 AM »
+1 for Recycled Audio meter bridge speaker stands. They fit perfectly, come together easily and are affordable.