Author Topic: Project Status Update 27-11-2015  (Read 3792 times)

Artur D'Assumpção

• Sintra, Portugal
Project Status Update 27-11-2015
« on: November 27, 2015, 10:33:18 AM »
Hi guys,

Yesterday we were able to successfully conclude another cycle of tests of the VCA I/O card Beta 1 card at Marc's studio.

This was a great Milestone, since all tests were successful without any sort of problems whatsoever, giving us more confidence for the Beta 2 which is almost ready. Also the audio tests we did didn't reveal any artifacts or anything out of the ordinary, which is great! If everything goes well, Beta 2 might well be the final version of the I/O card for the VCA consoles, with more features packed in and a better overall signal chain.

I'd like to thank Nick Hepfer for the patience and hard work assisting us, he is really a champion! A true Jedi apprentice! ;)  And of course also Marc Mozart for the courage to borrow us his console for the tests! Nothing has exploded! :D

Also a big thank you for the team that's been hard working on the project , it has been a great success and wonderful journey working with you! Steve, Pascal, Mattia, Andy, Marc, Paavo... and the rest.

We'll hopefully have more news until the end of the year! Talk soon!

Cheers,

Artur
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 10:35:39 AM by Artur D'Assumpção »

Matt Sartori

• Administrator
    • London
    • Solid State Logic Fanatics Database
Re: Project Status Update 27-11-2015
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 11:08:11 AM »
BRAVO!
well done everyone involved!  ;)

Mattia.

StarF666

• Berlin, Germany
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 11:49:57 AM »
Great news. Our computer is currently broken. Really looking forward to your first beta. I keep my fingers crossed. Kudos to each and everyone of you.

Artur D'Assumpção

• Sintra, Portugal
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2015, 12:55:08 PM »
We still have a long way ahead, specially because we do this has a hobby.

Anyways, the next step is finalizing the Beta 2, which is almost done. Proceed with similar tests just to make sure no errors were committed laying down the PCB. 

With Beta 2, the team will spin off to focus on software development, while the other half of the team will focus on backporting the new VCA Beta1/Beta 2 architecture into Ultimation card. We had already designed a Beta 1 based on a S&H approach, which we didn't liked much the results...we could do better, so this will automatically be Beta 2, now with the new AD/DA approach. We hope Ultimation Beta 2 will be more faster to laydown, since all the bases are there already, most of the work is done already.

After these steps:

- Motherboard (which will be very simple)
- TR card (Total Recall + Keyboard + Transport)

This is the plan at this stage. It can change as we progress though.

Cheers,

Artur