Author Topic: 4000E without a frame! :-(  (Read 1745 times)

cleartrack

• Florida, USA
    • Clear Track Studios
4000E without a frame! :-(
« on: August 30, 2021, 11:34:44 PM »
So far I've been able to source a 6K frame from one guy and legs from another (along with some other parts).

Does anyone have a complete 4K frame with patchbay and all? If not, I can make the 6K frame and legs work BUT.....
The 6K frame doesn't have a patchbay with it, it has the remote bay with the DL panel and I'd have to wire up the patchbay, etc....

Does anybody have anything or any info that would help? I'm only familiar with inbuilt patchbays but will do whatever I have to do to get this console up and running.

PS. it's a 1987 4000E, so has the balanced busses. (I can grab an older frame and add the lower bus boards if needed)

thanks!

horizonsound

• Melbourne, Australia
    • Horizon Sound
Re: 4000E without a frame! :-(
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2021, 01:01:42 AM »
Have you considered making up a patchbay bucket?

I'm in the process of that now. Side panels laser cut, and now ISEP rail and rack rails.

Anthony.

cleartrack

• Florida, USA
    • Clear Track Studios
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2021, 03:06:47 AM »
I'm trying to take the easy way out here, haha Just plug in some DL's and be done! Partially because I know I always fully recap and re-switch my desks with what little time I have.

Also this desk is going in my house instead of the facility, so I'd prefer to put the patchbays in a rack to the side with the gear.

BTW, I absolutely love the level of commitment you're putting into your console! I wish every console owner would get so familiar with their console.

jimlfixit

• Global Moderator
    • Maidenhead, Bucks, UK
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2021, 01:15:46 AM »
Hi, I used to work at SSL from 1980-87, am based in the UK and have been doing studio installations ever since.
I know a lot about the SSL patchbays and frame wiring so, contact me directly as I can help.
Hope this helps from Jim (wiring moderator on this forum).

cleartrack

• Florida, USA
    • Clear Track Studios
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2021, 07:22:24 PM »
Hi all, I did end up buying a short-loaded console to be used as spare parts, though I would love to find a remote patchbay set to possibly buy the 6K frame that Wesley (theBank) is selling.

Or ideally someone would be able to sell me a 4000G frame with remote patch bay included. Either VUs or plasmas are fine, though I always need more spare plasmas for the desks I have with them.