Tech discussion > 4K,6K,8K Series

Bucket Problem - 4000G -Now channel is on 8 modules

(1/3) > >>

perfectsnd:
I was swapping modules from one bucket to another. I had the power off on both buckets (power to console though).  I was reseating the new module and I saw power go to the module as I was trying to reseat the module and I saw the lights on the rest of the modules in the bucket flicker. This was very strange and never happened before. I pulled the module out and powered off the console and then I reseated the module. When I powered on the bucket all the channels were in overload even though no signal was going through them.

I then powered off the bucket and pulled a series of modules out and powered up the bucket and the remaining modules were in overload still. I removed all the modules from the bucket and put the extender card in with a single module and that module went into overload immediately and I heard a whine bleeding through the main speakers.

Does anyone have any idea where to look? Has this happened to anyone before?  All the rest of the buckets are fine and working properly.

horizonsound:
Check the circuit breaker for the bucket is not tripped. That would be my first guess.
You’ll still have status bus voltage going to the edge connectors, even if you turn the buckets off.

Anthony.

perfectsnd:
Where is the circuit breaker for the bucket?

horizonsound:
Next to the switch you turned off for that bucket.
There are two per bucket. One for +18v, one for -18v.

perfectsnd:
The circuits aren't tripped and there is definitely power getting to the bucket.  When I power up the bucket is when the channels go right into overload.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version