Tech discussion > General info - Tools,How to -

Bills of material for recapping SSL E/G 611 Channel and 651 Centre Section!

(1/5) > >>

marcmozart:
In addition to the "recapping the 611 channel" thread
http://forum.sslmixed.com/index.php?topic=306.0
I've gone through the different cards and looked at the schematics to get a BOM to order the required capacitors.

Please keep in mind, my console is a 1991 G-Series, earlier desks might have different cards, later G+ desks could also vary (only very slightly).

I recommend to use Panasonic FR Caps for values higher than 10uF, and Panasonic FC or WIMA MKS Film Caps for values 10uF and lower. The WIMA option is expensive though. More about those here: http://forum.sslmixed.com/index.php?topic=593.0

For the non-polar type caps, I recommend Nichicon Muse ES Series Caps - they are specifically designed for audio use and considered "High End"-caps in the Hi-Fi Community. FWIW, they look cool as well, and there are not many options for Non-Polar Caps anyway - mouser.com has very competitive prices for these and also the Panasonics and a good user interface being able to save carts, projects and BOMs.

EDIT: I have attached a PDF that contains a table which allows you to make your own BOM for both the 611 Channels AND all the cards in the 651 Centre Section. I will keep updating this file, but it's now fairly complete and includes part numbers for the recommended caps.

Audioplatinum Service:

--- Quote from: marcmozart on August 27, 2013, 08:29:35 PM ---Hey guys,
I'm placing an order now for all the typical caps used on a E/G-Series. I can get cheaper prices if ordering more - please let me know if anybody wants to join.

--- End quote ---

Hello Marc

I do not know if late..these days I must order caps for 4040...you bought for yourself?
I bought new desoldering station..and I am ready for start recap...  ;)

Regards,
Raf

brewery:
Nichicon 'MUSE" ES is what i have in every channel for non polars (and in the center section too).
they are considered the best for audio use, lots of audiophiles use them. the rest is all panasonic fc/fm.

brewery:
that's where i got them too.

sintech:
Hey Guy's got a great deal on non-polar caps at Rapid Electronics.

They're discontinuing the range, and these are priced for clearance: 5p and 3.4p per cap :-))))

Going to give them a go changing from back to back polar caps (E series) to single non-polar configuration (G-series) on some Cue amps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version