XK-System (community project) > Software Development

RFD - legacy software features to port - feeler discussion

<< < (3/3)

Artur D'Assumpção:
That testimony regarding the AAX license is somewhat shocking! AVID will only loose long term with dated monopoly strategies...

Have you tried a VST plugin? There are some good VST bridges for AAX.

Artur

KoleThomsen:
For Ultimation desks, would it be possible to incorporate a "Motors on, VCAs on"-function?
It's actually pretty weird the SSL computer doesn't do this as an option, since stereo channels work this way.

Would love to have this feature!

Artur D'Assumpção:
Hi,

That's a good questions... Never though of a VCA mode assisted by motors. Electronically speaking I would have to look into this... check if it's possible to have both modes enabled simultaneously.

Regarding the operation of that mode, I can see some problems at a first glance....

During the automation replay, or even during writing (such as trim mode), the computer automatically bypasses MOTORS ON into VCA mode to allow for the correct automation writing and replay (when you have your finger on the fader). This would be the major problem I can foresee, since with both modes ON, you would be having a problem in this area... What would happen to replay if your finger was over the fader holding the VCA control voltage?

I will look into this...

Cheers,

Artur

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version