Author Topic: SSL SLT67 4 x current test unit  (Read 2165 times)

jimlfixit

• Global Moderator
    • Maidenhead, Bucks, UK
SSL SLT67 4 x current test unit
« on: August 28, 2012, 02:21:41 AM »
I've found this SSL SLT67 current test meter recently which could do with a good home. It has 4 meters to measure + and - audio plus logic and lamp signals. It also has two through 19 way Bicc connectors (I may have the mating cable connectors here and cabling to suit) plus test points as shown. Any offers? Jim Lassen (www.profcon.co.uk)

sintech

• Global Moderator
    • Bristol, UK
Re: SSL SLT67 4 x current test unit
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 09:20:10 AM »
Hi Jim, I'm interested in this unit. Guessing that a 5 Amp scaling is too small for a whole console. Was it used to test newly built power supplies under a nominal load?

jimlfixit

• Global Moderator
    • Maidenhead, Bucks, UK
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 03:05:59 PM »
Hi Andy. No idea what this was used for but it was certainly made in the late 1980's or more likely, the 90's judging by the look and how it is wired. My educated guess, based on certain aspects of it, is that it is either something to do with the 5K or 9K involving a piece of equipment which was not a console unless you are correct with your assumption that it was used to test a power supply under a nominal load.

I assume it tests some form of power supply and/or a demo unit or even some other form of 19" gear. The J, K series and even Axiom console types also ring a bell and the cable colours should provide a clue as they would match the SSL item under test (they are not complete 4 or 6K colours). I'll look them up and get back to you.

I'm curious about the through connectors (notice some of the wires just go between the connectors) as this implies something else was, or could be, in the signal path as well. Regards, Jim Lassen.

Helterbelter

• Zevenaar, The Netherlands
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 09:50:42 AM »
Looks like a test unit for testing/measuring a single bay of a 5k console...

Might be handy for a 5k user like Matt or Myriam.