Tech discussion > Nucleus,X-logic,Digital consoles and Plugins

Comparing E-Series X-Rack EQ with the console

(1/2) > >>

atticmike:
Hey there,

Has anyone amongst the brit-touched artists compared the e-series x-rack EQ with a racked / console old e-series unit :D ?

I'd be hugely appreciative of your input.

Mike

Matt Sartori:

--- Quote from: atticmike on November 11, 2012, 04:13:43 PM ---Hey there,

Has anyone amongst the brit-touched artists compared the e-series x-rack EQ with a racked / console old e-series unit :D ?

I'd be hugely appreciative of your input.

Mike

--- End quote ---

Very interesting question Mike.
I have not had the chance to compare the two units side by side on a sonic level.
I have had the chance to test them on the bench and do some comparisons using a neutrik A1.

There is a huge difference in construction and parts selection between the two units:

-the newer stuff it's completely SMD and uses "cheaper" pots and switches which, for their physical form, are easily mountable on a PCB using an automated system, this in turns means reduced production costs.

-the older stuff it's obviously not SMD and all the pots are hand wired to the main mother board so there is (there was I should say) a lot more work involved into building it.

from measurement point of view they behave (as far as I could measure!) exactly the same....
but again I wish I could have had them side by side in the studio as that would have been THE TEST.

it would be interesting to do an A/B test and see if anybody could spot any difference...perhaps it's something we should do...

are you based in UK?

Mattia.

PS= we are still working on the forum to visualize members location...be patient..

sintech:
The X-Rack stuff omits the Hi and Low filters, replaced with a fixed 'Hi Pass' button. This is a shame.

sintech:
We should do an A-B test, Mmmm.. maybe SSL would lend us some?

Matt Sartori:

--- Quote from: sintech on November 11, 2012, 07:35:50 PM ---The X-Rack stuff omits the Hi and Low filters, replaced with a fixed 'Hi Pass' button. This is a shame.

--- End quote ---

Agree.....

--- Quote from: sintech on November 11, 2012, 07:42:06 PM ---We should do an A-B test, Mmmm.. maybe SSL would lend us some?

--- End quote ---

mmm maybe someone like KMR or Funky would....it would be VERY interesting....

Mattia.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version