Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
4K,6K,8K Series / Re: A new flavour for the 4K preamp! 2022
« Last post by Clip6 on January 27, 2024, 05:40:49 PM »
Glad to here.

I'd like a floppy replacement with the gotek unit.

You could figure that out.

I'd buy one.

Thanks
4K,6K,8K Series / Re: A new flavour for the 4K preamp! 2022
« Last post by MarconeMusic on January 27, 2024, 05:57:34 AM »
Hi All!

Happy new year 2024!

Just wanted to give an update , took the site down while I built up a few new projects this passed year. Gonna re launch in Feb with new products and media.

Basically spent a ton of time with our replacement LARC unit for the lexicon reverbs.
It’s awesome and feels just like the original , no touch screens just physical buttons and sliders!

But we also spent some time getting a 149 model tweaked for the preamp upgrade world!

The EQ cards are on the list but back burner right now. 

Doing a few installs of the preamps this month then sending out demo models to a few special studios.

How are your consoles holding up these days? I just had to do switches on mine. Super fun haha.
Gonna have to do the same on another local one cuz it’s time.  Keep em lubed!

Cheers!
Sell-Buy / SSL CF661G power supply +CF663 C/O unit
« Last post by Remcov on January 25, 2024, 08:15:37 PM »
This was a spare set PSU+C/O unit, no cables though.
No use for it anymore as the desk left, found this in storage.

Anybody got use for this?
Would be a shame to scrap it.
Will ship but it's a heavy machine

Let me know, we'll figure something out.

Greetz
Remco
Silly suggestion, but have you tried the Float switch and/or the gain pot on the line level input? I had a couple channels I thought had issues, but it turned out it just needed a bit of exercise.
4K,6K,8K Series / Re: Pops on all channel group outputs
« Last post by Pinebox on January 16, 2024, 11:56:12 PM »
Thanks Doug, Slate was one of my suspicions, but when I saw some with the 651 off I started looking elsewhere. Still searching!
4K,6K,8K Series / Re: Pops on all channel group outputs
« Last post by radardoug2 on January 16, 2024, 08:35:50 PM »
I'm not sure on this, but is there a slate function going to all groups? The oscillator can be fed to all groups,maybe something there?
4K,6K,8K Series / Pops on all channel group outputs
« Last post by Pinebox on January 14, 2024, 10:52:12 PM »
Hello, I have an odd one at an old studio that I could use some ideas on. 6000E that is popping maybe once roughly every 45 minutes on the group outputs. Another time I had three pops at almost exactly 20 mins apart. And then another showing very close to 10 minutes apart. It looks almost like clocking issues in the waveform, but deadpatching the multitrack inputs on some shows the others still popping, so its not that. We tried taking the insert send 1-8 directly to multitrack 9-16, while dead patching the insert returns on 1-8 then recording 16 tracks. There were pops on the signal post insert, and none pre insert. I suspected weird power stuff or maybe a cell tower but I think I would have seen them on the insert sends as well if that was the case.

We started shutting off buckets but not much change. The really odd thing that has kinda thrown me for a loop is at one point we eventually shut down all the buckets but the 651/688 and there were STILL faint pops on the recording. I also had pops with buckets on and 651/688 off.

I disconnected all the bus ribbons from the right side to the 651, then cross patched two channels from the right side into the multitrack and they popped the same as the left side. At that point I thought it must be something from the 651, maybe a weird fet on the master status, but turning off the 651 did not yield those results and pops were still recorded.

I have considered weird VCA voltage but changing VCA group and assigning to independent showed no change.

What could be causing a pop across all group outputs regardless of which side of the console/all of the channels turned off? And with none of the routing assigned? The fact that I have to run every test for up to and over an hour is really slowing down the fault finding.

Sell-Buy / Re: Bar graph meter
« Last post by oyanliz on January 12, 2024, 10:39:36 PM »
Hi,

Yes, I only have this unit.

Regards.

Oihan
4K,6K,8K Series / Re: Plasma Meter Trouble
« Last post by Loopzilla5 on January 11, 2024, 08:45:06 PM »
I replaced the TIP Pair and indeed have 83v. No plasmas yet...

There's good voltage and signal from the channels at each meter, but no plasma. It's something global - just have to find it.
4K,6K,8K Series / Re: TR Computer Not Responding
« Last post by Clip6 on January 10, 2024, 04:43:18 PM »
Doug seems you could figure this out as your the 480 guy right?

Seems you make am image of the ssl floppy then install on gotek. 3.5 from ssl is not special just factory sony? drive.

Then just replace. Gotek has great forum. Image software runs on pc side not mac.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]