Author Topic: Adding Ultimation faders from different desks  (Read 1416 times)

seedubs

Adding Ultimation faders from different desks
« on: March 06, 2021, 08:04:02 PM »
  Hey All! Hope everyone is well despite the global circumstance. I wanted to ask the forum if there was any reason why adding Ultimation faders from a different desk would be problematic ? I was able to acquire a complete Ultimation system and wanted to replace the bad actors in my Ultimation fader set up with the best from the new/old set of faders. Besides the normal strip down and cleaning /lube with one drop of the teflon low viscosity oil are there any other issues to be aware of? We will be able to calibrate the faders using the extender card for the fader packs . Other than these rather time consuming steps are there any steps I am overlooking?   
  Thanks for any insight.

seedubs

Re: Adding Ultimation faders from different desks
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2024, 06:40:51 PM »
  All parts are interchangeable for anyone who cares. Works perfectly.

brewery

• The Brewery
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2024, 08:31:19 AM »
well not really..the most recent ultimation faders use another touch sense pcb, and you shouldn't mix those up with older faders, it will cause issues.
you can easily spot them by the little pot for the variable cap, and the pcb is slightly larger. everything else is interchangeable.

Pinebox

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2024, 10:15:54 PM »
As long as all the hybrids on the fader cards are the same, of which there are three kinds, they will work. They dont play nice with each other.

seedubs

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2024, 06:39:58 PM »
I have at least 2 different kinds of touch pcb's in this console. The blue potted ones and the green non potted ones. They work fine together mixing daily with the Tangerine auto .I believe the console the additional 56 faders were taken from were of the same vintage (4056 G. No 9k stuff here.

brewery

• The Brewery
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2024, 12:57:10 PM »
I have at least 2 different kinds of touch pcb's in this console. The blue potted ones and the green non potted ones. They work fine together mixing daily with the Tangerine auto .I believe the console the additional 56 faders were taken from were of the same vintage (4056 G. No 9k stuff here.

Those 2 are the same circuit, I think the older (blue) ones were oem from p&g. The latest ones with the vari cap are not compatible. The pcb is also bigger.