Author Topic: Power supply issue  (Read 1329 times)

Riff Raff

• Salaise sur Sanne, France.
Power supply issue
« on: April 06, 2021, 10:06:26 AM »
Hi, this morning when I switched on the console, the +20V and -20V leds on the power suplly just light on a fraction of second and light off.
Of course the console is not powered correctly so the leds on the console (named +18V/-18V) are off and the console is not working good.
When I disconnect the cable between the power supply and the console and light on the power supply, the +20V and -20V on the power supply are on, so it seems that the problem is on the console...
Any idea of what caused that loosen tension ?
Thanks.

walrus

• London, UK.
Re: Power supply issue
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2021, 10:13:17 AM »
May be the switch on surge is making the supply go into overcurrent protection.
Try switching off half of the channels, and then turn on the supply, if it powers up ok then turn on the remaining channels.
Kevin.

Riff Raff

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2021, 11:08:28 AM »
Thanks a lot Walrus, it's ok now.
I turned off every modules and turned on the supply.
I turned on the central section first, the +18V / -18V leds blinked 20 seconds before getting stables, then I turned on every 8 channels sections one by one, and everythings work fine.

DaveCox

• Australia
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2021, 11:23:56 AM »
I had a similar issue on my 6048. Power supply was ok but no +18 and no +11V. After some tracing I found the switch powering the 651 section was faulty. Some fader clean and lots of toggling got it working but it's unreliable so I'm replacing it soon. Place a volt meter across the switch terminals on the back of the switch, it's tricky to do but if you see any voltage across the switch when it's operated then you've got a bad one. My bad news is that it seems to have created some other faults in the console. Example, the Master Channel Input Flip button was stuck in the on state. Found a dead BC212 transistor on the 82E21 card. Was ok before the switch fault. All fixed now though. My program/master fader not working now so there's another fault to look into, bus compressor working ok so it's a bit of a weird one as the master fader is directly tied into the compressor if I understand it correctly.

Riff Raff

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2021, 12:17:39 PM »
Thanks Dave, I will check all that, as I don't really know exactly why it's working now.