Author Topic: SSL DL pinouts  (Read 2647 times)

alchematic

• Nashville. TN, USA
SSL DL pinouts
« on: August 07, 2016, 05:18:53 PM »
Hey.. I have misplaced my DL chart book and need to find where the MD output is on a DL.. I have a 6056.  I think it is on DL 31 or 32. I am kinda surprised that there are no pinouts listed in the documentation area. I'll scan mine as soon as I find it. You would think that this would be something every one would need at some time. Or am I the only person to put in in an unknown box during a move?! Thanks

Matt Sartori

• Administrator
    • London
    • Solid State Logic Fanatics Database
Re: SSL DL pinouts
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 07:48:54 PM »
Hey.. I have misplaced my DL chart book and need to find where the MD output is on a DL.. I have a 6056.  I think it is on DL 31 or 32. I am kinda surprised that there are no pinouts listed in the documentation area. I'll scan mine as soon as I find it. You would think that this would be something every one would need at some time. Or am I the only person to put in in an unknown box during a move?! Thanks

http://forum.sslmixed.com/index.php/topic,15.0.html

alchematic

• Nashville. TN, USA
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 09:33:25 PM »
The topic has some general info but only has a pinout for DL33. Most of the DL's iike 01 for mic in or 11 or 21 for tape deck IO are all the same. It is 31 and 32 that have a specific layout that is very hard to figure out with out a bunch of fooling around. I am glad 33 is there but It does not have the which is the talkback mic signal on it. I need that and I suspect it is on DL 31 or 32. So.. If anyone can put a scan of those two up it would be great.

Artur D'Assumpção

• Sintra, Portugal
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 10:27:00 AM »
Hi

Sorry it's all scribbled out but it's just a copy I have at hands reach for daily notes. If you need clean ones let me know.

This is from my SSL6000 G+

Cheers,

Artur

alchematic

• Nashville. TN, USA
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2016, 03:46:17 PM »
Awesome!! That is just what I needed.  I need 4 cue amps and needed to get talkback to the 4th one. SSL only feeds TB to stereo cue and 2 mono cues (for the rest of you reading this) . I will get it to cue 3 by feeding MD to echo return 3 and turn up the SPIN pot.  I wanted to eliminate the patch cords and have it permanent via DL connector. Thanks again Arthur!

Clip6

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2016, 06:24:21 PM »
For future readers check Peter Duncan's site for DL PDF's.

jimlfixit

• Global Moderator
    • Maidenhead, Bucks, UK
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2016, 03:03:36 AM »
Clip 6. 'For future readers check Peter Duncan's site for DL PDF's.'

Just have seen your post and can't find any DL PDF's on Peter Duncan's site. Any clues please?

I have already prepared some of these pinouts but have yet to post them as the centre section DL's, such as DL31, 32 and 33, have varied a lot over the years with the 4 and 6K consoles.

I want to make sure these are useful before I post them. If in any doubt, unscrew the DL socket connector on the console connector panel, drop it down and look at the labelling which will refer the wiring back to the patchbay (such as N23) or maybe some other part of the console (such as Z or X 03 etc).

Clip6

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2016, 04:30:31 PM »
Hey Jim. Glad your here. Thanks

Peter has since retired so some of the pdf's my be hard to find or missing.

Your info and Matt's will be just fine.