Author Topic: Setting Up Computer For Stereo Channels  (Read 1203 times)

perfectsnd

Setting Up Computer For Stereo Channels
« on: August 30, 2016, 04:24:03 AM »
I purchased 5 stereo modules and I finally got the VCA faders for them. I am trying to get the computer to recognize the new channels, but I cannot seem to find the correct instructions.

Right now the channels are showing totally open (VCAs to Master showing the VCA at full). If I patch the stereo channels to another bank of 8 on the computer they work fine, but the channels I then switch them with will show full open VCA's. I have the computer manual, but it doesn't discuss the stereo faders.

I have the standard dual I/O setup with 48 mono channels, 8 VCAs, 4 Patch VCAs. Trying to add 5 stereo channels in slot D,E, F, G, and H.

-Joe

perfectsnd

Re: Setting Up Computer For Stereo Channels - Solved
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 08:58:22 PM »
I was able to get this figured out.

Matt Sartori

• Administrator
    • London
    • Solid State Logic Fanatics Database
Re: Setting Up Computer For Stereo Channels
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 01:51:41 AM »
it would be great if you could post the procedure you have followed for future references.

thank you!

Matt

perfectsnd

Re: Setting Up Computer For Stereo Channels
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 02:49:36 AM »
Sure Matti. I will try and describe the procedure.

Went into the SSL Setup Mode (SSL EX, 4100 EX, Setup EX). At the Do you Want to See More? prompt, I entered M to get the console configuration.  Select C for Console Options.

Hit O for Objects Setup. This will take you take you to the Console Configuration Screen.

Console Setup
Console configuration
Master fader    001
VCA                 008
Fader               048
Group              004
IMO                 000
Pan Pot            000
Joystick           000
Equaliser         000
Graphic           000
Eq                   000
Effects             000

Needed to add 5 faders.  I arrowed down until my cursor was over those. Also, the ABS lights for my 48 faders were lit red.  The stereo channels weren't lit at all.  After I arrowed down to the Faders, I then hit each fader for the stereo channels. In my case that was 5.  The IMO setting changed from 000 to 005. 

Hit END 4 times to get out.  This saves the custom configuration and the computer was then seeing the new channels.

Console Setup
Console configuration
Master fader    001
VCA                 008
Fader               <053>
Group              004
IMO                 000
Pan Pot            000
Joystick           000
Equaliser         000
Graphic           000
Eq                   000
Effects             000

I then followed a similar procedure to add the channels to the bar graphs. 

My mistake that I was making before was that I was trying to type 053 into the FADER setting rather than selecting the faders.  By the selecting the faders it must open up a channel on the Analog I/O cards and therefore completes the path for the computer to control the VCA. 

I hope this helps anyone else having this issue.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 02:45:08 PM by perfectsnd »