Author Topic: Are DL /ELCO blocks the same for neve and SSL?  (Read 309 times)

seedubs

Are DL /ELCO blocks the same for neve and SSL?
« on: February 10, 2024, 06:31:12 PM »
  I am trying to pick up some used DL snakes for our 4056 G w Ult and have found some but they were wired to a Neve console originally . Does anyone know if the pinouts are the same or would I need to reconfigure the pins in the DL's to match the user bay on the G? It all looks identical and to my mind should be the same but that could be wishful thinking. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Chris.

Clip6

Re: Are DL /ELCO blocks the same for neve and SSL?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2024, 08:26:26 PM »
Worst case just need to repin order. Easy.

walrus

• London, UK.
Re: Are DL /ELCO blocks the same for neve and SSL?
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2024, 11:44:52 PM »
All the Neves I’ve had dealings with used Edacs (Elco?) which are a totally different connector to a DL.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2024, 11:47:57 PM by walrus »
Kevin.

jimlfixit

• Global Moderator
    • Maidenhead, Bucks, UK
DL and Edac pinout differences for SSL
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2024, 01:09:32 PM »
No, SSL uses 96 way DL connectors with 24-32 balanced circuits and Neve used 56 way Edacs with 12 circuits. Totally different connectors with different sizes, crimps and cable capacity. If the old Neve cables you have are 12 pair, two can be used for most of the SSL DL's which have 24 circuits but you need to re-crimp them with DL pins and the circuit arrangement within a DL is different from the Neve Edac version.
I notice that you have a 56 channel SSL so, some of the DL's will be 24 circuits and others will be 32 circuits which creates a bit of a problem by splitting the cable across two DL connectors.
Where are you based? If in the UK or Europe, I could possibly help but if far away, probably not.
I sell DL connectors if you want any.
Hope this helps from Jim Lassen, based in the UK
PS: This post really needs to be in the wiring menu which I am the moderator for, just saying.