Author Topic: Plasma meters not responding to audio **SOLVED**  (Read 1678 times)

billythekid

Plasma meters not responding to audio **SOLVED**
« on: November 16, 2016, 04:59:06 AM »
Hey all, so my meters stopped working correctly today :( You can see a quick run through of my problem here: https://youtu.be/A9gMLKxrcaI

The meters seem to be getting power. However none of the numbers are displayed and the meters are all at 100%. I had one of our guys power cycle the console on Sunday and when I went in today (Tuesday) I discovered that only one of the two 250V switches were turned on. So I'm suspecting my issue has to do with that.

Has anybody ran into this before? Any information or things to try at this point would be amazing!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 09:19:40 PM by Matt Sartori »

billythekid

Re: Plasma meters not responding to audio
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 03:29:01 PM »
Does anyone have a set of meter cards I could buy? We have an SSL 4k and I've been told to suspect the meter switch and lamp logic card.

Any suggestions would be very greatly appreciated!

jwhmca

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 07:32:06 PM »
Check pin 34 of the one of the bargraph scale cards for -20v.... pin 35 is marked, so it's right on the other side of that. Check all the power pins, really. 32=+13v. 33 = +20v and 34 is -20v

Be VERY careful... there is +263v back there!!!
"It's all about being a servant."

billythekid

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 07:59:05 PM »
Update: We ended up having Bruce out and turns out the problem was with the switch, circuits, and relay over by the patch bay feeding the meter cards.

We've been running solid for a couple weeks now.

Matt Sartori

• Administrator
    • London
    • Solid State Logic Fanatics Database
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2017, 07:15:32 PM »
Update: We ended up having Bruce out and turns out the problem was with the switch, circuits, and relay over by the patch bay feeding the meter cards.

We've been running solid for a couple weeks now.

wow! glad you got it fixed!

Matt