Author Topic: Headphone Monitoring wiring  (Read 4073 times)

amillar

• United Kingdom
Re: Headphone Monitoring wiring
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2020, 12:31:46 PM »
It might be that the aux outs only go to the patchbay, and the normalised jacks only go back to the 651 (for the cans feeds), it could have been assumed that you'd have a range of FX device inputs wired to spare jacks on the patchbay and that you'd just patch across to them as needed.

Personally at this point I'd have a look under the patchbay! Yes it's a bit of a pig to get in there, but once you're in it should be fairly obvious.

I'm still annoyed that I can't find this information in the manual...

Cheers,

Andy
co-designer and project manager G series analogue 1987
channel strip designer J series 1992-93
design "caretaker" 4000/6000 1985-93
analogue team leader ARC/Bertha 1988-92

MarconeMusic

• Halomusic.ca
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2020, 03:08:40 PM »
A mini input would have been amazing! Tho.. i get it...  in the 80's? for what? haha

So, I think im going to connect my DL from the Cans positions and hope that its directly reflective of the aux st & 1-4. If not i can patch in to that point from the patch points of those. I think it is, based on looking over the drawings... The Names you guys use over there leads to the confusion over here i think :)

My biggest pet peeve on this board(when training new engineers) is the 'Multitrack send' label. Man they cant get their head around that... Some times i second guess myself...

drpat

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2020, 01:56:48 PM »
A mini input would have been amazing! Tho.. i get it...  in the 80's? for what? haha

Switchcraft EH35MMSSC connector to a BB DRV134 always does the trick for me.

I usually mount the connector to a "D" type XLR hole on the rental bay of the credenza, then tap some power from a unused power supply jack to power the BB chip. The BB chip and associated circuitry is EASILY built on one of those tiny project boards from RatShack.

Pretty easy 1/2 day project when you finally get sick of listening to rap songs cranked up through a tinny iPhone speaker.