Author Topic: 4K,6K,8K Switch Mode PSU UPGRADE  (Read 53499 times)

radardoug

Re: 4K,6K,8K Switch Mode PSU UPGRADE
« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2014, 07:40:47 PM »
Hey its February 1 here in New Zealand, can we order yet?

radardoug

« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2014, 08:19:02 PM »
Now its Feb 1 in the US, surely we can order now?

Matt Sartori

• Administrator
    • London
    • Solid State Logic Fanatics Database
« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2014, 10:33:31 PM »
Now its Feb 1 in the US, surely we can order now?

I strongly recommend start taking it easy on Norman (xmax).

this is not Gearslutz mate, you want it now? go and buy an iphone, that is instant gratification.
you are not happy with the website/selling procedure/not responding to emails?
build yourself a PSU and stop pestering on the forum
thank you.

Mattia.

radardoug

« Reply #78 on: February 02, 2014, 01:30:40 AM »
Mea culpa!
The thing is I absolutely wish Norman all the best in this enterprise, as if it works out I would like one of my customers to buy one of his supplies.  And you are right, I could get off my butt and build one, but it would be way more expensive than buying one of Normans.

But do I take it that you consider it OK to offer a product, and then not deliver? Norman has used this forum to bring it to the attention of SSL owners, and this is where I first saw it. Nothing wrong with that.

I am well aware of how long it takes to build things, and the problems of doing this. But Norman said ordering could begin in February.
Its now February. And Norman is very hard to get hold of. I have left my email on his website.

My client has a very dodgy power supply, and I would really like for him to get a nice new one, and hopefully Norman will make some money out of it, and we will all be happy. I don't think implying that I am some sort of Gearslutz Slut is very helpfull to any of us.

If I order something from Mouser, and there is no stock, they tell me. Similarly Norman could have a list of prospective customers, and let them know what is going on. Its not hard to do, and it keeps your clients informed. And the more he makes, the more profit he makes, so its all good.

StefanNowak

• Sydney, Australia.
« Reply #79 on: February 02, 2014, 09:59:25 AM »
It ain't K-Mart!

Matt Sartori

• Administrator
    • London
« Reply #80 on: February 02, 2014, 07:51:23 PM »
Mea culpa!
The thing is I absolutely wish Norman all the best in this enterprise, as if it works out I would like one of my customers to buy one of his supplies.  And you are right, I could get off my butt and build one, but it would be way more expensive than buying one of Normans.

But do I take it that you consider it OK to offer a product, and then not deliver? Norman has used this forum to bring it to the attention of SSL owners, and this is where I first saw it. Nothing wrong with that.

I am well aware of how long it takes to build things, and the problems of doing this. But Norman said ordering could begin in February.
Its now February. And Norman is very hard to get hold of. I have left my email on his website.

My client has a very dodgy power supply, and I would really like for him to get a nice new one, and hopefully Norman will make some money out of it, and we will all be happy. I don't think implying that I am some sort of Gearslutz Slut is very helpfull to any of us.

If I order something from Mouser, and there is no stock, they tell me. Similarly Norman could have a list of prospective customers, and let them know what is going on. Its not hard to do, and it keeps your clients informed. And the more he makes, the more profit he makes, so its all good.

we are all sorry to hear your customer PSU has failed, get a tech to come in for the the short run and wait until Norman is ready.

it does not matter what I consider ok, this is business : if Norman cannot deliver what you need when you need it find another solution but don't explain your expectations on here, we all have understood where you coming from.

if you have paid for the item already you can complain,sue or report the company to the Police, Government, Mi6 CIA, FBI
if not wait in line until you get attended.

As simple as that.

AGAIN: Norman ain't mouser,  nor a big company: so don't compare the services.

this is BOUTIQUE TAILORED work.

and yes you are right: it will cost you more to make it yourself than buying norman one, this should answer your own question and cut it short.

If you are still unsettled I suggest getting in touch with any of the 2,000 techs and "I know them all" engineers here:
www.gearslutz.com
they surely will be able to help.

sorry but there is no space for arguments like yours on the forum, it's a strict community of decent people.

Mattia.

waltzingbear

• Portland, Oregon
    • Waltzing Bear Audio
« Reply #81 on: February 02, 2014, 07:59:57 PM »
besides all that which I whole heartedly endorse,  he never said WHEN in Feb he would offer the unit. While it is a short month, (thanks Julius) there are several more weeks and days in February!

Alan
Alan Garren
Waltzing Bear Audio

xmax

« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2014, 08:58:39 PM »
I'll take your $1500 deposit now and ship by march 15th. normandruce@gmail.com

Artur D'Assumpção

• Sintra, Portugal
« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2014, 09:33:19 PM »
I've been talking with Norman, and his PSU looks very promising, high quality and gives you about 50% power savings and lower noise floor!

Also the brand looks good! ;) http://www.atomicinstrument.com/

If everything goes well we might see the PSU here in Europe. Time to reduce that electrical bill?! :D

Cheers,

Artur

radardoug

« Reply #84 on: February 23, 2014, 08:27:11 PM »
Sorry Norman, after abuse on this forum from members I decided to go ahead and build a supply. I contacted a power supply company I deal with and we are under way. So far the price is good, same as your deposit, and delivery time is less than yours. All from a standing start a week ago. But yes, I have not got it going yet, so there is work to do.
By the way, I am registered on your site, and have sent you my email, but never had any message from you apart from via this forum.
I wish you luck, and I wish me luck. I would have much prefered to buy an established product.

xmax

« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2014, 08:41:52 PM »
Established Like endorsed by 4 multiple Grammy Mix engineers? soon to be 5.
If you are having trouble repairing a ssl 661 you will need some major luck
designing a switch mode psu using ssl logic and 265v ground referencing!
What filters are you going to use? Let us know how that turns out for you.

Artur D'Assumpção

• Sintra, Portugal
« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2014, 09:56:25 PM »
Design a new PSU for the SSL? I only hope the person that's going to built it has a deep know how of the SSL.

xmax

« Reply #87 on: February 23, 2014, 10:39:19 PM »
I have worked on a couple.

Matt Sartori

• Administrator
    • London
« Reply #88 on: February 24, 2014, 03:27:00 PM »
Sorry Norman, after abuse on this forum from members I decided to go ahead and build a supply. I contacted a power supply company I deal with and we are under way. So far the price is good, same as your deposit, and delivery time is less than yours. All from a standing start a week ago. But yes, I have not got it going yet, so there is work to do.
By the way, I am registered on your site, and have sent you my email, but never had any message from you apart from via this forum.
I wish you luck, and I wish me luck. I would have much prefered to buy an established product.

you have not been abused,I think you just have been told to correct your attitude towards other members on this forum
Give respect and expect respect.
otherwise there are other places to have fun in:
www.gearslutz.com
adios
M.

radardoug

« Reply #89 on: February 24, 2014, 07:17:20 PM »
As a moderator of a forum  you show disrespect by slagging off gearslutz. I think it is you that has the bad attitude, Mattia.
What is it you so dislike about gearslutz? Do we need to know?