Author Topic: Plasma Meters  (Read 2283 times)

JarradNCET

• Adelaide Australia
    • Novatech
Plasma Meters
« on: July 03, 2015, 02:01:20 AM »
Hi,

New guy around here. We recently acquired a beat up old 6056 that we have been cleaning up and getting working down in Australia. This desk is now 90% working just with a few nagging issues. The big one I am working on right now is the plasma meters. I have 16 that are out! Does anyone know where I can get replacements for the bargraph itself? I have found the specs and model details of the bargraphs used in our desk here http://www.ka-electronics.com/images/pdf/Mitani_Bar_Graph_MB202-5A_Data.pdf which looks like it replaced these units ww.ka-electronics.com/images/pdf/Burroughs_BG12205-2_Plasma_Bar_Graph.pdf . From what I have found Vishay then made some compatible bargraphs that have been out of production for a few years now. This is where I am stuck! Does anyone know where I can buy these things from now or any replacements? I saw some mention of someone trying to make some LED drop in replacements but these don't appear to have ever eventuated.

Any help would be much appreciated!

jwhmca

Re: Plasma Meters
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 04:57:55 AM »
In what way are they "out"?

Not rebuildable? recap?
"It's all about being a servant."

JarradNCET

• Adelaide Australia
    • Novatech
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 05:25:26 AM »
By out I mean the actual bargraphs won't come on at all. If I swap them with one from a known good meter the problem stays with the bargraph not the whole meter. I have managed to acquire a box of used meters that are all working that have gotten me out of trouble for now. Would be interesting to see if the bar graphs are still available somewhere still.

Matt Sartori

• Administrator
    • London
    • Solid State Logic Fanatics Database
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 11:31:39 AM »
By out I mean the actual bargraphs won't come on at all. If I swap them with one from a known good meter the problem stays with the bargraph not the whole meter. I have managed to acquire a box of used meters that are all working that have gotten me out of trouble for now. Would be interesting to see if the bar graphs are still available somewhere still.

there was some time ago one of these crazy Israeli guys called Igor, back at the Prodigy Pro forum.
he had built a plasma meter that he was selling as a kit,but yet using NOS or old plasmas...
I don't think you will be able to find new plasmas on the market that would fit the SSL ones.
through my years at Funky Junk we have converted all the SSL with plasmas into Vus to avoid this very same situation...

Mattia.