Author Topic: Recall Card Problems  (Read 1553 times)

perfectsnd

Recall Card Problems
« on: August 04, 2015, 03:22:27 AM »
Last year I posted about my recall card that came with my SSL 4056G/G+ was dead on arrival. I tried to have Bruce at Desk Doctors fix and Keith at Recycled but neither could bring it back to life. So after a long time of searching I found the guys in Spain who had one they were willing to separate from one of their computers. They said the unit had been in offline for a bit, but worked before the computer was put in storage. The card arrives in beautiful shape. The card is newer than mine (version 4.2, tested in 04.94) while my original card is older, 1987.  I put the card in card and I am getting all kinds of weird graphics and then after hitting of few channel buttons, I get the message that the TR Computer is not responding.  I have posted a series of videos.

All the end connectors were in great shape. I took the card apart and made sure all the IC chips and ribbons were seated well.

Any help would be appreciated.

Here is the link to a dropbox folder containing some videos.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3jtzrih097shhgm/AAAMg7wNCSg2_xW4lun34fUEa?dl=0

sintech

• Global Moderator
    • Bristol, UK
Re: Recall Card Problems
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 09:07:09 AM »
I'd return that recall card if possible, something big is clearly wrong with this.

Worth approaching AES pro audio, the ones he sells are all serviced and checked over by George.

perfectsnd

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 05:38:39 AM »
anybody got any options for me?

Other that Bruce at Desk Doctors who in the States can fix these puppies?

Artur D'Assumpção

• Sintra, Portugal
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 09:51:29 AM »
That's what I told  him before, never had seen such a big mess on that card. The seller said it was working? He scammed you...

When I saw it the first time it seemed vertical and horizontal was like mixed up... but it seems much weirder than that.

What's funny is that not all screen is screwed... The lower bottom screen is ok. Are you sure you have everything correctly connected. Sometimes a weird connection might be triggering a software bug that's messing all that... I'm just speculating!

Or the answer is the simplest one.... the hardware is broken! :/

;)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 09:54:02 AM by Artur D'Assumpção »