Tech discussion > General info - Tools,How to -

How to clean Channel Routing Cards

(1/5) > >>

marcmozart:
If you're getting unpleasant audio when you're pressing a button on the Routing Matrix, here's what to do:

1. Take out cards (attached with one screw, one damned screw BTW!)

2. Bath the routing cards in Isopropylalcohol. Leave them in the bath for a couple hours at least, in between take them out to press the switch repeatedly.

3. Take them out to let them dry.

4. Put them back into your channel. Done.

Works perfectly. I have never heard a routing switch that clean. Perfect.

PS: Notice the dirt in the alcohol after the bath. No wonder the switches were messy! I'm cleaning the Isopropylalcohol with a coffee-filter and re-use it.

Matt Sartori:
Brilliant,
well done!

last time we did it with ultrasonic bath which is expensive and does not get to the bottom of the problem!
keep us posted how it goes in the next few months as I think you might need some lubricant spray to keep the contact smooth.

Mattia.

marcmozart:
Yes, we'll see. I'm staying away from lubricant spray. It's a dirt magnet. Will keep you posted though!

--- Quote from: Mattia Sartori on November 12, 2013, 08:13:05 PM ---Brilliant,
well done!

last time we did it with ultrasonic bath which is expensive and does not get to the bottom of the problem!
keep us posted how it goes in the next few months as I think you might need some lubricant spray to keep the contact smooth.

Mattia.

--- End quote ---

Matt Sartori:

--- Quote from: marcmozart on November 12, 2013, 09:49:19 PM ---Yes, we'll see. I'm staying away from lubricant spray. It's a dirt magnet. Will keep you posted though!

--- Quote from: Mattia Sartori on November 12, 2013, 08:13:05 PM ---Brilliant,
well done!

Mattia.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

there is only one brand that I would always suggest:
Caig industries incarnated in the formerly known Progold G5

Mattia.

walrus:
I've found that Caig's Deoxit FaderLube also cleans switches really well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version