Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
5K Series console / Re: Got a 5k ?
« Last post by nissim on Today at 08:00:51 AM »
my console

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Great. Heard you on the podcast lastweek.

Podcast? What podcast?
5K Series console / Looking for 5k fader modules
« Last post by 2hb on December 09, 2017, 07:26:23 PM »
I know this belongs more in the buy/sell section, but I was wondering if anyone had any spare fader modules, I just need 2 more, any type of mono fader from a 5k
Sell-Buy / Re: FS: SSL 5000 Modules, Parts & Power Supply
« Last post by 2hb on December 09, 2017, 07:03:00 PM »
Would you be willing to sell a couple of the sl506 faders if they are still available?
4K,6K,8K Series / Re: 4k / 6k / 8k EQ types
« Last post by Clip6 on December 09, 2017, 04:59:52 PM »
Andy so I have 292's and one 242 in my console. What Q setting on blue
green eq sections of 292 equals the bell Q on the 242? Still waiting on the Dire Straits story. Thanks

Could you also talk about what things you wanted to change from the 242 when you designed the 292.

How hard would it be to have my fast attack comp setting be 1ms versus 3ms when I choose fast attack setting?
Great. Heard you on the podcast last week.

https://youtu.be/xXTtAZa8xDA
OK so I figuerd it out! :D

it turns out to be a link (jumper) on the right side of the LEFT of center section upper bus card
and also on the left side on the RIGHT of center section buscard.
adding these two jumpers joins the DYN link across the center section.

hope this helps someone in the future.

Best,

Roy
Sell-Buy / 5000 series fader modules WTB
« Last post by 2hb on December 07, 2017, 05:36:16 PM »
Hello, I am looking for just 2 more fader modules from a ssl 5000. sl556g, sl506, sl508, etc, any of the modules would do, they wouldn't have to be in working condition, if anyone has any spares or knows where I could find some I would love to know

Thank you
4K,6K,8K Series / Re: Patching and Small Issues
« Last post by waltzingbear on December 06, 2017, 05:59:54 PM »
I assume a stay cleaner is a spray cleaner??

wholeheartedly agree.

Cheers
Alan
4K,6K,8K Series / Re: Patching and Small Issues
« Last post by brewery on December 06, 2017, 10:34:48 AM »
can't really see how a dirty patch bay would cause crosstalk between channels. dodgy normals sure, but there shouldn't be any other paths.

make sure that all your ground connections are tight and clean, and that the ground bus on the patch is intact.
a loose nut on the center section ground post can cause all kinds crosstalk issues - oscillator bleeding into channels is the most common one.

having said this, of course your patch bay should be clean. lots of different approaches, from burnishing tools to ultrasonic dips.
I would try to stay way from stay cleaners, they will only attract more dirt in the long run. I just make sure to vacuum the bay once a month, and clean the patch cables on a regular basis. if there's a lot of gunk in there you will have to go in for a proper clean.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10