Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
4K,6K,8K Series / Re: I've recreated the SL613 Test jig!
« Last post by oyanliz on Today at 06:06:49 AM »
Amazing job!! I saw your job on instagram! Well done!!
« Last post by matt on April 23, 2024, 07:55:36 AM »
Wow - this looks like quite some work - well done
« Last post by horizonsound on April 23, 2024, 03:25:05 AM »
Excellent work!

I have some low res photos of the Ultimation test jig.
If you message me your email, I'll send them through.

Anthony.
« Last post by Clip6 on April 23, 2024, 01:30:48 AM »
Nice. Looks awesome.
« Last post by mike_signo on April 23, 2024, 12:21:46 AM »
Here's the link of some pics.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jsnXnLozwBA9jktW9
4K,6K,8K Series / I've recreated the SL613 Test jig!
« Last post by mike_signo on April 23, 2024, 12:16:38 AM »
Hello everyone!
After many many sleepless nights tracing the circuit of the SL613 (the SSL Test jig schematic has intentional errors) I'm happy to say that I've managed to recreate it in a 3U rack mounted form.
I've tested it today and all the fuctions of the original test jig work perfectly (4000/6000, Mono, Dual line and stereo channels supported)!
I need to add the fader module to allow it to work with ultimation consoles, the original 613 missed this feature as well.
Some kind of ultimation fader simulator called 354/613 was used to test ultimation consoles, there is very little information about it but it shouldn't be too difficult to recreate.
Does anyone have any information about this very rare ultimation fader jig?

All the best
Michele
4K,6K,8K Series / Re: SSL 6000 E DL Connector Pinouts
« Last post by BLZProductions on April 22, 2024, 09:43:12 AM »
Hi Jim

Thanks for the response.
I'm based in the UK (East Sussex), but up and down to London like a yoyo of late. Ha!

SP meaning Spare makes a a lot of sense. I'll see if I can work out what's what on my next visit to the client.

Funky Junk are still going. Not doing so much of the desk refurbs these days as it's not so cost effective these days, which is a shame as the E/G series are great desks and not too difficult to get back up to their original glory. Just takes a fair bit of time, patience, recapping, and switch cleaning.

I'll check out your FB page, and will Email directly if I get stuck again.

Cheers

Bob
4K,6K,8K Series / Re: SSL 6000 E DL Connector Pinouts
« Last post by jimlfixit on April 21, 2024, 10:35:05 PM »
Hi BLZ (Bob) again.

Ta for your response. Luckily enough, I have a test jig for wiring stuff which has a DL 32 pair socket connector wired to most other connectors (plus some adaptors for edacs and 25 way D connectors) so it is easier for me as I do this a lot. The inside of this box looks pants for now but does the job. I must reserve some time to change and tidy it up somewhat!

If you see the picture just click on the IMG 1085 image rather than the picture. Otherwise the picture will be too large to see. Clicking on the OMG description will just show the picture on your computer without any scrolling up or down. I wish I could deal with this properly... argh.. Maybe someone can help advise me on this?

I remember Funky Junk in the UK (now closed I think) and probably know some of the techs there.

If you need some help, just ask me directly on an email and I will answer, rather than here as I don't look at this much.

I will try to post some SSL DL pinouts on here soon but am having iMac computer problems right now and need to find various items. I have a blank 96 way DL pinout for a plug plus others for the centre section connectors which are NOT lists and just wiring friendly views.

Years ago, I put loads of pictures on here but some hacker got in and deleted all of them (as others will know). It will take me some time to get those sorted again so bear with me.

Meanwhile, look at my jimlassenwiring Facebook page for some ideas of SSL wiring. It needs updating from years ago. Still working on Instagram posts plus my own website (the host supplier went bust so I need to build it again from nothing!). So bloody annoyed with all these things going wrong and I need to get on with my life of course. Too many so called aocial media platforms these days to deal with (bring back the simple phone box with none of this crap going on ... argh!).

Again, hope this helps and regards from Jim Lassen in Maidenhead in the UK.
4K,6K,8K Series / 6K pinouts. Sp equals spare!
« Last post by jimlfixit on April 21, 2024, 10:07:00 PM »
Hi BLZ (where are you based by the way as it's not shown on this forum)?

This should really be in the wiring menu and I am the moderator on there.

DL 33 (along with DL 31 and 32) had different pinouts at various times although the main functions are normally the same. For DL 33 this is the first 26 circuits with the last 6 possibly being different.
DL 32 is the stereo 2 track replays and records, also with some other stuff further down the connector at times.
DL 31 is rarely used these days but does have some useful functions as well.

I have several pictorial wiring friendly pinouts (as oppose to just lists!) of these (4 and 6K plus G series) but they do vary between consoles over time and how the consoles developed.

To help answer your question, any wires labelled Sp ... are actually SPARES and would probably end up at one of the two 104 way MRAC connectors at the 651 which could be wired to some of the spare Highland (now EAO) switches futher down the unit. These should be found on the M1 and M2 connector ponouts but I haven't got time to look them up now, sorry.

If other labelled wires state Z01 and Z02, these are red light and alternative switch functions and are probably 2 pins (not 3) on a DL which go to an external relay box (not supplied by SSL years ago).

Hope this helps and get back to me directly if required as I don't look at this website much these days apart from once a week perhaps.

Regards from Jim Lassen, based in the UK.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10