Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
4K,6K,8K Series / Re: Modular SSL 4000 E/G build Project
« Last post by Chris Simon on Today at 01:27:38 PM »
Norman,

I believe you'll find the BICC's in the Souriau SMS Quick Mating range; a sample:

https://ca.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Souriau/SMS6R1?qs=sGAEpiMZZMs%252bGHln7q6pm%252b7BG22ialmxNHYY2YL2Srg%3d

Chris
4K,6K,8K Series / George Gilbert contact info
« Last post by Clip6 on Today at 02:34:49 AM »
Hey. Just sent George an email at his AOL account but it failed.

Can someone post his contact info. Thanks
4K,6K,8K Series / Re: Modular SSL 4000 E/G build Project
« Last post by Romaphonic on February 22, 2018, 07:12:06 PM »
is there anyway we can have this topic with the images again? it was really helpful!
4K,6K,8K Series / Re: Engraving SSL buttons
« Last post by Clip6 on February 22, 2018, 07:00:34 PM »
Recycled Audio and AES Pro Audio can help if you want to go that route.
« Last post by Showcase on February 22, 2018, 06:42:46 PM »
Canford in the UK does this i think.

https://www.canford.co.uk/CANFORD-CUSTOM-LASER-ENGRAVING-SERVICE

I emailed them but they didnt have a setup for it, thanks anyway for the tip though
« Last post by Clip6 on February 22, 2018, 03:37:29 PM »
4K,6K,8K Series / Engraving SSL buttons
« Last post by Showcase on February 22, 2018, 01:39:18 PM »
I would like to engrave around ten custom ssl std buttons, anyone did this and know where i could start looking?
I know i did a button years ago but cant remember from where.
Technical Manuals & Documentation / Re: Ultimation motor string
« Last post by brewery on February 22, 2018, 11:06:33 AM »
hey arthur,

the regular channel puller works for the faders too!

about those screws - maybe we should look into having them made, but just slightly wider, seeing that most pcbs are worn out by now..
Sell-Buy / solid state of the art VCAs for a whole 56ch desk :)
« Last post by Konnektor on February 21, 2018, 10:01:56 PM »
hi guys,

i've got quite a few cool VCAs for sale
they were built for the G+ of a major London studio but sadly it closed down before we could put the update into effect

they're based on the THAT 2002 module which was (and still is) their newest design before SSL ceased production of the G series

as the THAT 2002 (which was 130 at the time) had become obsolete, these were built for my client and i also retrofitted my own desk with them
- 2x THAT 2181A chips in parallel (the pcbs are actually designed to take 2 more chips)
- Burr Brown OPA227P op amps
- two more resistors need to be fitted for desired control port gain

we did extensive a/b comparisons including the DBX 202 (black + gold cans) and the widespread SSL pcb with 8x THAT 2151 which was in my client's desk
this one was our clear favourite - great depth and huge low end, clearly noticeable even on a single channel, an obvious choice

if you're interested please get one or two first and make sure they fit your desk + bypass your centre section VCAs before listening
price is 85 per unit

this would be a fantasic update for a desk with 56 channels (including 8 units for the centre section)
of course i'd prefer to sell them all at once for a discounted price but don't wait too long - FIFO

there's also 20 unpopulated pcbs + quite a few other parts (op amps, resistors)
i also have about 400 of the high spec resistors left which are needed to expand to 4 chips
btw - we settled for 2 chips as noise was perfectly fine

hi everyone,

i've not been here for some time and wanted to say it's great to see the SSL computer project making such good progress

Artur - fantastic work, please keep it up!
these consoles will be around for many years to come and that's because of guys like you

wanted to say a couple of things

it's astonishing how fast electronic components become obsolete these days - had a painful reminder myself a couple of months ago
so please secure some of those Atmel RISCs

@Brewery
none of the issues described are Konnektor's fault
you should see how fast and accurate my 'vintage' E computer handles all of those tasks

to quote you:
'if the basic functions and workflow of the old software is not 100% there, i would not be interested'

this is basically the point why i designed Konnektor, totally agree with you
the SSL automation forces you to use your ears rather than getting your eyes involved - that's the beauty of it

i've witnessed some great engineers doing exactly that
hardly ever looking at the screen, just doing the moves and occasionally hitting a key
that's when it happens, the performance, playing the desk like an instrument
and for me, too - that's what it's all about

w
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10