Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
4K,6K,8K Series / Re: Automation and Total Recall issue with Tangerine System
« Last post by walrus on April 06, 2024, 12:10:08 AM »
I would assume you need the jumpers in the MPX position for the channels that have the multiplex card fitted, not the computer BYPASS position.
The SSL computer had a setup page telling it how many channels the desk had, where they were positioned etc. I have no knowledge of the THD system, does it have a similar system?
« Last post by Franz on April 05, 2024, 09:05:16 PM »
I hope so... thank you man.
« Last post by Clip6 on April 05, 2024, 06:43:16 PM »
Hey. Hope someone chimes in.

4K,6K,8K Series / Automation and Total Recall issue with Tangerine System - SOLVED -
« Last post by Franz on April 05, 2024, 01:04:51 AM »
Hello, everyone. I have tried them all but you guys are my last hope before I throw in the towel. I bought the THD Tangerine system to finally have automation and total recall on my SSL 4040 G+ (36 mono and 4 stereo ch). While the automation side works perfectly, the total recall definitely does not. With Charles (from THD) we did all the tests regarding the Tangerine and the unit has no problem. I checked the S9E ribbon to see if the voltages are coming in correctly and yes, they are coming in correctly all the way to the multiplex card. The strange thing is that this kind of problem ---> Here is the video https://www.youtube.com/shorts/oaPGZU_maew - it does it even on channels that don't have the multiplex card precisely because I wanted to rule out problems with the multiplex cards and I'm afraid it's something on the channels or the faders... (I don't know if there is some jumper or a way to "activate" Total Recall). On all the channels I have noticed some changes made by the first owner (attached photos) but I don't know if that may be the problem. I am exhausted, I think I have tried everything. I hope you can help me!
4K,6K,8K Series / Re: 82E14
« Last post by psych60s on April 03, 2024, 04:01:21 PM »
Thank you Pascal!
4K,6K,8K Series / Re: Dc offset pop sound on solo buttons and Console status buttons
« Last post by tlmaen on April 03, 2024, 10:36:21 AM »
Tried to narrow down the Problem, so I powered the console with one bucket at a time, but no luck.
Even when all buckets are switched off, it still makes this pop sound.
So I guess its somewhere in the center section…

The VCA Solos doesnt make that sound.
Just the channel solos ant the change of the console status.

Any Ideas where to look?
I find the service manual not very helpful so far…

Thanks,
Tilmann
« Last post by pascal.verdet on March 30, 2024, 08:18:18 AM »
Hi,
Please, find attached.
Cheers,
P.
« Last post by psych60s on March 29, 2024, 02:46:38 PM »
Hello,

I came across a 82E14 but couldn't find schematics anywhere. Think I never came across one. This is an old thread I know but does someone still have it?

By the way Christian, hope you're 480L is running well!

Quentin
4K,6K,8K Series / Re: VU meter LED bulbs
« Last post by tlmaen on March 28, 2024, 02:27:49 PM »
Thanks, thats great!
There are also led light bulbs wich can handle up to 30vdc out of the box.
Does the resistor get hit?

Tilmann
4K,6K,8K Series / Dc offset pop sound on solo buttons and Console status buttons
« Last post by tlmaen on March 28, 2024, 02:24:52 PM »
Hi,
when i press any solo button on my 4ke console, I get an almost fullscales dc sounding pop.
Its really annoying, specially with clients attending.
When one solo button is pressed, pressing another solo doesnt make any additional sound.
Also when i change the status of the console it makes the same loud sound.
Is there anywhere to start looking?
(All of the center section cards are completely recapped).
I figured out that there is a cut bus, but that seems to be a logic thing.
Tried to identify the Pfl/Afl bus in the service manual, but that doesn’t shed any light in to it…

Thanks for your help!
Happy eastern  :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10