Author Topic: IR reset problem  (Read 3322 times)

jamorstudio

• Jamor Studio
IR reset problem
« on: August 22, 2017, 02:32:12 PM »
Hi Everyone, I'd like to ask for help with a 5000 series problem.  I'm hoping that someone among the experinced 5000 series users/owners may have had to deal with the same thing. Unfortunately our manual describes something that doesn't match our console for this problem.

We had some backplane problems and we're also still suffering with two faulty multiplex cards.  The backplanes have all been fixed - in every case it was and open circuit - one even looked like the track had been purposely cut!!?  Anyway flushed with the success of fixing three backplanes I started trying to debug the multiplex cards. 

We have one multiplex card per eight modules and the centre section is also just 8 modules wide. Our manual suggests that there should be one multiplex card per 4 modules : 2 per bay.  The manual also states that the IR computer is remote to the console which also isn't the case for our console.  This is the crux of my problem and what my real question is  :  How do you reset the IR computer on a console with the IR comp built in.  The external unit has a hardware reset button.

The reason this is a problem is because whilst trying to measure the state of the multiplex outs I ran a board without 3 of the ten way ribbons connected. (no hot plugging was done of any kind so I'm certain that nothing is broken) But, what I didn't take into account was that the console apparantly constantly monitors how big it is.  I was doing this in the first four channel block so I suspect that the internal "size" no longer matches that measured size, and the result is that the IR computer has stopped responding.  Reconnecting everything hasn't cured it - but the manual seems to suggest that that is normal.  The reset button was offered as the solution and as a standard thing to need to do whilst commisioning a new system etc.

So there you have it, I need to know what combination of buttons to hold down at start up to cause a system reset.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.
Ondrej